New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Student
  • Nashville, TN

Posted 10 December 2007 - 12:34 AM

Hey everyone,
I've been lurking here for a while and finally decided to join up. I really don't have much of anything to contribute, but I think I'll learn a lot being here.

I could go on and on, but I'll summarize things. I'm a homeschooled 17 year old, the term homeschooled being used loosely. I pursue the things in life that I wish to achieve excellence in. I've been doing general design since the age of ten, starting with some web and then moving on to print. However, music makes up the majority of life. Parents met in a band, been playing drums since the age of 3, yadda yadda.

Anyway, I've always been interested in film but never had the resources to create what I thought was a decent effort. Then Sigur Ros came along with some extra footage from their documentary "Heima". I figured I'd throw something together to see what I can do. You can view that here:

http://legitbydesign.com/minnheima/

The two main focuses were color and texture. The footage was more of a back drop for this. I also didn't want to use all footage that the band provided, so I animated some photos, stuff like that. The first two minutes are actually stills I animated. Isn't a lot going on, but it was an effort.

Anyway, any tips, suggestions, anything. Rip it apart if you wish. I'm aware of a couple things (de-interlacing, or rather the lack of), etc.. Again, it's my first effort in anything video related.

Thanks for taking a look, means a lot.

#2 Dory Breaux DP

Dory Breaux DP
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Fort Bragg, CA

Posted 04 January 2008 - 12:07 AM

That was really cool. Amazing stuff. I too am homeschooled, I think it actually has a positive effect on ones creativity.

#3 Aliakbar Campwala

Aliakbar Campwala
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 04 January 2008 - 03:19 AM

i love the feel..excellent !!!

#4 Adrian Sierkowski

Adrian Sierkowski
  • Sustaining Members
  • 7118 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles, Ca

Posted 04 January 2008 - 08:57 AM

You know, this really brought me back. A while ago I cut some stuff I had together with Sven-g-Englars, just to learn how to use Adobe Premier 6.0 and get a feel for editing as I'd be doing it in school.
Sorry, I digress, I really like your cuts, and the overall pacing is very nice, meditative almost. It's most definitely a very good start wading into cinematic waters.
Just keep on learning and doing (and lurking) and asking and the like and I think you'll be alright.

CineLab

rebotnix Technologies

Visual Products

FJS International, LLC

Abel Cine

Ritter Battery

Aerial Filmworks

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Technodolly

CineTape

The Slider

Opal