2 replies to this topic

#1 Adrian Correia

Adrian Correia
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 18 December 2007 - 12:21 AM

Hey guys...some confusion between myself and post has me a little flustered. Ever think about something for too long so you begin to forget anything you thought you knew? That's where I am.

So, shooting on the HDX900 tomorrow...interview subject...producer wants 720P 59.94 (29.97 for broadcast) - but 24P filmlook.

So I should just shoot 24P mode 720P/59.94 and the tape will record 29.97 and then everything is about the import, right....please bear in mind that I am not post on this. Please help me clear my brain boys....

#2 John Ealer

John Ealer
  • Sustaining Members
  • 187 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 18 December 2007 - 12:55 AM

Hey guys...some confusion between myself and post has me a little flustered. Ever think about something for too long so you begin to forget anything you thought you knew? That's where I am.

So, shooting on the HDX900 tomorrow...interview subject...producer wants 720P 59.94 (29.97 for broadcast) - but 24P filmlook.

So I should just shoot 24P mode 720P/59.94 and the tape will record 29.97 and then everything is about the import, right....please bear in mind that I am not post on this. Please help me clear my brain boys....

Set camera mode to 720 / 24p, set SYSTEM FREQ to 59.94. This will give you 24P (23.976) look pulled down to 60P (59.94), which is ideal for downconverting to NTSC.

Also, not all camera people are "boys"...

J

#3 Adrian Correia

Adrian Correia
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 18 December 2007 - 06:53 AM

Thank you John for taking the time to answer. Also, apologies for the "boys" remark....no offense intended to anyone, regardless of gender.

rebotnix Technologies

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Tai Audio

Glidecam

Paralinx LLC

Metropolis Post

Wooden Camera

Ritter Battery

Willys Widgets

The Slider

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Visual Products