#1 tanner wolfe

tanner wolfe
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles

Posted 31 December 2007 - 06:58 PM

i am not able to get my hands on the issue of ac concerning the making of Black Hawk Down. can anyone give me a break down of Idziak's choices in regards to process (bleach-bypass ??), filtration, and stock. i'm getting the movie tonight and would appreciate some feedback on these issues.

tanner

#2 Adam Frisch FSF

Adam Frisch FSF
  • Sustaining Members
  • 2009 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles, USA

Posted 03 January 2008 - 12:53 AM

Idziak is a notorious filter user. He's even got his own sets specially made for him. And he uses elaborate color grad's in inventive ways - even indoors. He also clips out little pieces of colored gels that he attaches to fish nets and lights through, creating interesting and broken up colored patterns etc. H'e very inventive and many of Black Hawk Down's nights scenes and interiors shows off his eclectic style.

#3 pascal Boyer

pascal Boyer
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • 2nd Assistant Camera
  • Paris/France

Posted 06 January 2008 - 03:18 AM

Idziak is a notorious filter user. He's even got his own sets specially made for him. And he uses elaborate color grad's in inventive ways - even indoors. He also clips out little pieces of colored gels that he attaches to fish nets and lights through, creating interesting and broken up colored patterns etc. H'e very inventive and many of Black Hawk Down's nights scenes and interiors shows off his eclectic style.

Hi ,
Thanks for the information! i saw it recently ,beautiful .I also felt that the image was filtered but what about bleach bypass ? Did he used any ?How do you manage to make such of a contrasted,dramatic image in day exteriors ,i know they use black fill or is it in post production ?

Wooden Camera

Visual Products

Metropolis Post

Tai Audio

Technodolly

Ritter Battery

CineTape

Glidecam

FJS International, LLC

Opal

Abel Cine

CineLab