#1 Alexander Disenhof

Alexander Disenhof
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 06 January 2008 - 05:27 PM

Its been pretty exciting as a New England native and a student in Boston to see all the big films coming to shoot in the city. Has anyone gotten the chance to work on any of them?

#2 Tim O'Connor

Tim O'Connor
  • Sustaining Members
  • 860 posts
  • Other
  • Boston, Massachusetts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 02:14 AM

Its been pretty exciting as a New England native and a student in Boston to see all the big films coming to shoot in the city. Has anyone gotten the chance to work on any of them?

Hi Alexander,

With the new tax credits, man everybody is going to be working. People are going to move up much
faster than ever before in this city. There are half a dozen big films coming into town in the next
four or five months.

I've assembled a decent kit with my camera, lights, car mount, various gear so I'm concentrating on
working exclusively as a D.P.. Thus I won't be working on any of these films but I'll tell you there are
going to be a lot of production assistants promoted to grip/electric on a faster track. This past August
there were a couple of weeks when there were productions that were just looking for bodies (well, sorta.)

Where do you go to school? You should check out Central Booking. I'm signed up with them. It's a real
fair deal and Tim Van Patten, the guy who runs it (it's his company) is an excellent guy. He's honest and
candid and he'll talk to you and tell you straight what he thinks he might or might not be able to get you for
work.

Also, check out newenglandfilm.com if you don't already know about it. There are a lot of small films on
there looking for crew and although some don't pay, many are serious productions on which you can
get good experience if that's of interest to you.

If you talk to Tim though that could get you some money work. What's happening is that with so much more
work in town, the big shows are getting the seasoned crews and the smaller films and commercials that are
still shooting too are hiring people that might not have been first on the list.

#3 Alexander Disenhof

Alexander Disenhof
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 07 January 2008 - 09:14 AM

Hey Tim, thanks for the thorough answer! I will definitely contact those offices. I go to Emerson College, and I work a lot as a DP and in the electrical department (as a gaffer, BBE, etc.) on tons of student films, so I would love to try my hand at some pro shows. Also, if you need any extra hands on anything, I'd be glad to help!

#4 Tim O'Connor

Tim O'Connor
  • Sustaining Members
  • 860 posts
  • Other
  • Boston, Massachusetts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 01:22 AM

Hey Tim, thanks for the thorough answer! I will definitely contact those offices. I go to Emerson College, and I work a lot as a DP and in the electrical department (as a gaffer, BBE, etc.) on tons of student films, so I would love to try my hand at some pro shows. Also, if you need any extra hands on anything, I'd be glad to help!

Sure thing. I've got some stuff coming up, so e-mail me a contact number if you want.

Tai Audio

Visual Products

Ritter Battery

CineLab

Paralinx LLC

rebotnix Technologies

Aerial Filmworks

Wooden Camera

CineTape

Metropolis Post

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

FJS International, LLC