#1 James Steven Beverly

James Steven Beverly
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4199 posts
  • Director
  • El Paso, Texas

Posted 14 January 2008 - 11:38 PM

WHERE im the HELL do I find tires and tubes for dollies?!! I have a coupe of studio pedestal dollies for TV cameras, one of which is missing a solid tire and I have that Vinten camera crane that has a flat on one of the rear small tires. I want to get both operational and also want to have a source for future replacement parts. Anybody? B)

Edited by James Steven Beverly, 14 January 2008 - 11:39 PM.

#2 robert duke

robert duke
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Grip
  • southeast USA

Posted 15 January 2008 - 12:28 AM

WHERE im the HELL do I find tires and tubes for dollies?!! I have a coupe of studio pedestal dollies for TV cameras, one of which is missing a solid tire and I have that Vinten camera crane that has a flat on one of the rear small tires. I want to get both operational and also want to have a source for future replacement parts. Anybody? B)

Camera Dynamics Inc. Headquarters for the Americas Camera Dynamics Inc. - West Coast Office
The Vitec Group
Camera Dynamics Inc.
709 Executive Blvd
Valley Cottage
New York, 10989
USA

t: +1 845 268 0100
f: +1 845 268 9324

Toll Free Sales: 1 888 2 Vinten

e: info-cd-usa@vitecgroup.com The Vitec Group
Camera Dynamics Inc.
2701 N. Ontario St
Burbank
CA 91504
USA

t: +1 818 845 4446
f: +1 818 845 4572

What size tube and tire are you looking for? Who was the manufacturer?

Above is the Vinten contacts for the USA.

#3 James Steven Beverly

James Steven Beverly
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4199 posts
  • Director
  • El Paso, Texas

Posted 18 January 2008 - 01:18 AM

Thanks for the info, Senior' Duke, I'm not sure about the size and manufacturer. I have to go look at them and the crane is down at the studio. I also wasn't sure if there was like a Firestone Dolly Tire Superstore somewhere. :D I had thought about using narrow implement tires and tubes if I couldn't find anything that was the right size because I was not so sure that someone would make tires and tubes specific to dollies or that dolly manufacturers would not just use wheels and tires that were readily available which would seem to make more sense. IF there is such a thing as dolly specific tires and tubes, I imagine they may get a bit pricey sense the market would be pretty small. I definitely check out your sources though. Thanks B)

#4 Marc Alucard

Marc Alucard
  • Sustaining Members
  • 176 posts
  • Other

Posted 18 January 2008 - 03:17 PM

Thanks for the info, Senior' Duke, I'm not sure about the size and manufacturer. I have to go look at them and the crane is down at the studio. I also wasn't sure if there was like a Firestone Dolly Tire Superstore somewhere. :D I had thought about using narrow implement tires and tubes if I couldn't find anything that was the right size because I was not so sure that someone would make tires and tubes specific to dollies or that dolly manufacturers would not just use wheels and tires that were readily available which would seem to make more sense. IF there is such a thing as dolly specific tires and tubes, I imagine they may get a bit pricey sense the market would be pretty small. I definitely check out your sources though. Thanks B)

Search Tires

#5 robert duke

robert duke
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Grip
  • southeast USA

Posted 19 January 2008 - 06:41 PM

you might also look at my favorite mcmaster-carr.

Aerial Filmworks

Paralinx LLC

Glidecam

CineTape

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Wooden Camera

CineLab

The Slider

Willys Widgets

Visual Products

rebotnix Technologies

Opal