And is your arm killing you after numerous rewinds of the spring coil?
Well here's the solution that you've been looking for that even adds a lot of bells & whistles that you?ll only find on more expensive solutions.
The Danish based electronics development company Electro Logic I/S is launching their K3 kit in spring this year which will include some of these features:
- USB 2.0 connection for firmware updates and speed adjustments etc.
- Crystal synchronized PLL driven motor controller with current limitation & protection
- Automatic shutter close function that prevents the shutter from being open at halt
- Runs on 4 rechargeable AA / LR6 batteries which will give you about five 100 feet rolls
- 24/25fps selectable through jumper or via USB where you can also set other speeds
- This implementation requires no soldering iron or drilling of your camera
- No need for special light meter batteries anymore! ? This is build into the kit.
- Adjustable light meter voltage for fine trimming your camera
- Ability to synchronize the camera, with an external tape recorder or similar device.
The kit includes a printed circuit board (PCB) with a specially made gearbox that replaces the spring drive circuitry along with cables, battery compartment and of cause the custom motor ? all in all 7 different parts that needs to be installed into the camera.
Have a look at www.ElectroLogic.dk and tell us here in this forum, what you think of this new innovative solution, as we are currently preparing the kit for production in spring. All comments such as feature requests etc. are welcome.
Thanks in advance
Electro Logic I/S