#1 Sonju Patterson

Sonju Patterson

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Student

Posted 27 January 2008 - 09:25 PM

Here in the sunny isle of Barbados where we take the white sand beaches that are a hop and skip away for granted I've started "film school".

I'm a final yr student at the university of the west indies reading for a BA in History (long story, my interest lies in theatre and film production). I've a few electives open so I decided to take some of the new film courses being offered. Last semester I did Production Tools and Fundamentals of Story and Narration.

This semester I'm doing Production Mgmt, Writing for Stage and Screen and Cinematography. In doing my research I stumbled upon this website and I must admit that after reading many of your posts I am very concerned that the course is a bit too ambitious! Even the questions that are asked I don't exactly understand what is being asked, not to mention that the terms all allude me. I'm in a bad way guys, I've alot of work to do.

Nevertheless, I am optimistic that by the end of the semester I should be au fait with the basic principles and concepts of cinematography.

So stay tuned for "nuff" questions and I do hope that at least one of you may be able to help sometimes.

Thank you for reading.

Ciao.

#2 Soni Palmer

Soni Palmer

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Other

Posted 13 August 2008 - 05:36 PM

Hi,

I saw this post, and thought that since it was so old it didnt make sense responding. But I wondered how the course was going...

I am in between alot of things right now... relationships, careers, moving house (maybe even country) and I have always been interested in arts, visual, performing, literal, you name it. I am making a few friends in Barbados (since I have roots there) and wondered about the course that you are taking.

Any information that you can offer would be great!

I really am at a point in my life where I just feel.... well stuck.

Thanks for reading, and add me to your facebook!

-Soni

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Rig Wheels Passport

Technodolly

rebotnix Technologies

CineTape

Willys Widgets

CineLab

The Slider

Wooden Camera

Tai Audio

Visual Products