3 replies to this topic

#1 Chris Frey

Chris Frey
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Other

Posted 29 January 2008 - 12:32 AM

HI... I was looking for an entry level inexpensive camera. Any information about this camera or any other things would be great. I'm looking to shoot short films over the spring and summer.

Here's a link to the camera:
http://cgi.ebay.com/...4.cWAT.m240.lVI

#2 Alessandro Malfatti

Alessandro Malfatti
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Other
  • Barcelona, Spain

Posted 31 January 2008 - 08:32 PM

Hmm, let's see...
It's a simple camera, clockwork, non-reflex, 'bout fifty years or so old. It depends on what you want to do, I don't see no problem with using it for documentary footage, or for having at hand to film something rather quickly, but consider that it's probably loud as a chainsaw, so don't even think about recording sync-sound. Also clockwork motors aren't acurate enough for dialogue. To be quite honest, if you want something useful, I'd recommend a Bolex or a Krasnogorsk-3 (god I love that russian monster ;) ). Especially the latter has some good features, a usable zoom lens and reflex viefinder. But if you're a retro guy... go ahead, you shouldn't have any problems filming with it, if it's not broken somehow. Hope I could help

#3 Chris Frey

Chris Frey
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Other

Posted 03 February 2008 - 11:25 AM

Hmm, let's see...
It's a simple camera, clockwork, non-reflex, 'bout fifty years or so old. It depends on what you want to do, I don't see no problem with using it for documentary footage, or for having at hand to film something rather quickly, but consider that it's probably loud as a chainsaw, so don't even think about recording sync-sound. Also clockwork motors aren't acurate enough for dialogue. To be quite honest, if you want something useful, I'd recommend a Bolex or a Krasnogorsk-3 (god I love that russian monster ;) ). Especially the latter has some good features, a usable zoom lens and reflex viefinder. But if you're a retro guy... go ahead, you shouldn't have any problems filming with it, if it's not broken somehow. Hope I could help

Thanks. That was a lot of help.

#4 Andres Pardo aka Gral Treegan

Andres Pardo aka Gral Treegan
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Director
  • Mexico DF

Posted 05 February 2008 - 06:14 PM

Thanks. That was a lot of help.

look for a K-3!!

bye!