#1 Rolando Fernandez

Rolando Fernandez
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Other
  • San Juan P.R

Posted 29 January 2008 - 03:01 PM

Hello , after waiting 8 weeks for Cinelab to process one tri-x super 8mm and 1 plus-x super 8mm and with a worksheet that expecificaly state to
transfer to dvd the plus-x roll not the tri-x, I recieve the package with the tri-x transfered in the dvd and a $99.00 charge.

I also made 5 diferent calls to Cinelab asking for status of the work and all I recieve was diferent excuses.

I was expecting a more professional treatement from Cinelab.

I will never use this lab for my films.

#2 Steppenwolf

Steppenwolf
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Tel-Aviv, Israel

Posted 29 January 2008 - 07:45 PM

I have never tested this lab, but for black and white Super8 films, I always recommend the Black & White Film Factory, in Toronto, Canada. Great quality, reliable and fast service at reasonable prices.
Check their website and try this service:

http://www.blackandw...filmfactory.com

#3 Rolando Fernandez

Rolando Fernandez
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Other
  • San Juan P.R

Posted 29 January 2008 - 08:10 PM

Thanks for the link, a friend told me about this canadian lab , I will send my next test roll there.

#4 jacob thomas

jacob thomas
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • Other

Posted 29 January 2008 - 09:27 PM

I had a similar experience with cinelab last year, I asked how long it would take in advance (quoted three days for process and transfer) and paid for the fastest most expensive shipping, then waited more than two months for it to arrive. And when it did the telecine was not stunning to say the least.

#5 Joseph Winchester

Joseph Winchester
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Austin, TX

Posted 31 January 2008 - 05:56 PM

Yeah it's tough. It seems alot of places don't really care about their Super8 customers. Gotta please the big boys first, which is fine I guess. I've had issues with Cinelab in the past. They did make it right after I complained. I would talk to them.

I wish Dwayne's Photo did BW Reversal and transfers.... they get Ektachrome S8 back to you in a day. Its insane. That's service!

Unfortunately, we'll have to deal with places treating S8 as the ugly duckling of the family. But I guess it's good they do it at all. But I feel your pain.

#6 Pete Von Tews

Pete Von Tews
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Concord CA USA

Posted 31 January 2008 - 11:08 PM

I just had cinelab process four rolls of super 8 ( trix and plusx) and the whole turnaround was less than three weeks, not too bad. The quality was good, not a problem here.

#7 michelle arakelian

michelle arakelian
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Other
  • Italy

Posted 11 February 2008 - 04:42 PM

Hello , after waiting 8 weeks for Cinelab to process one tri-x super 8mm and 1 plus-x super 8mm and with a worksheet that expecificaly state to
transfer to dvd the plus-x roll not the tri-x, I recieve the package with the tri-x transfered in the dvd and a $99.00 charge.

I also made 5 diferent calls to Cinelab asking for status of the work and all I recieve was diferent excuses.

I was expecting a more professional treatement from Cinelab.

I will never use this lab for my films.

pls try our lab! we will charge you 21,5? for processing and telecine transfer to DVD or MiniDV in 15 days! check our web site www.movieandsound.it

#8 michelle arakelian

michelle arakelian
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Other
  • Italy

Posted 11 February 2008 - 04:47 PM

pls try our lab! we will charge you 21,5? for processing and telecine transfer to DVD or MiniDV in 15 days! check our web site www.movieandsound.it ;)

Paralinx LLC

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Visual Products

Technodolly

CineLab

Tai Audio

CineTape

Abel Cine

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Willys Widgets

Opal