Stephen Williams
  • Sustaining Members
  • 4708 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Europe

Posted 30 January 2008 - 02:03 PM

Mark Image
Word Mark SCARLET 2K
Goods and Services IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: Digital cinema camera systems and accessories, sold individually or as a unit, comprised of, cameras, camera lenses, flash memory cards, electronic memories, hard drives for video recorders, video monitors and flat panel display screens, all for use in the creation, storage, delivery, manipulation, recording, playback or viewing of video, music, graphics, photos, audio, text, and multimedia data; cinematographic projectors; photographic projectors; slide projectors; computer programs for digital cinema cameras; audio and visual educational and teaching apparatus and instruments, namely, computer hardware and computer software programs for the integration of text, audio, graphics, still image and moving pictures into an interactive delivery for multimedia applications, computer white boards, video projectors and video display monitors

IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Leasing or rental of cinema equipment and systems for use in the creation, storage, delivery, manipulation, recording, playback or viewing of video, music, graphics and audio and video broadcasting in a specified image format

IC 042. US 100 101. G & S: Development of new technology for others in the field of image format technology involving or relating to the dissemination, broadcast or transmission of video, music, graphics, photos, audio, text, multimedia, computer programs and data in a specified image format, and consultation related thereto
Standard Characters Claimed
Mark Drawing Code (4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK
Serial Number 77083222
Filing Date January 15, 2007
Current Filing Basis 1B
Original Filing Basis 1B
Published for Opposition January 22, 2008
Owner (APPLICANT) Red.com, Inc. CORPORATION WASHINGTON P.O. Box 1389 Eastsound WASHINGTON 98245
Attorney of Record Janet Robertson Kaufman
Disclaimer NO CLAIM IS MADE TO THE EXCLUSIVE RIGHT TO USE "2K" APART FROM THE MARK AS SHOWN
Type of Mark TRADEMARK. SERVICE MARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

#2 Max Jacoby

Max Jacoby
  • Sustaining Members
  • 2955 posts
  • Other

Posted 30 January 2008 - 04:17 PM

How did you dig that up Stephen?

#3 Stephen Williams

Stephen Williams
  • Sustaining Members
  • 4708 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Europe

Posted 30 January 2008 - 04:43 PM

How did you dig that up Stephen?

Hi Max,

I found it on another forum <_<

Stephen

#4 Jamie Lewis

Jamie Lewis
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Other

Posted 31 January 2008 - 10:44 AM

Hi Max,

I found it on another forum <_<

Stephen

I think it was posted on Red's forums a couple of months ago.

#5 Stephen Williams

Stephen Williams
  • Sustaining Members
  • 4708 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Europe

Posted 31 January 2008 - 12:21 PM

I think it was posted on Red's forums a couple of months ago.

Hi,

Most unlikely, the document is dated 22nd January less than 10 days ago, also bear in mind Jim released the first information on Scarlet this month.

Stephen

#6 Jamie Lewis

Jamie Lewis
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Other

Posted 01 February 2008 - 04:02 PM

Hi,

Most unlikely, the document is dated 22nd January less than 10 days ago, also bear in mind Jim released the first information on Scarlet this month.

Stephen

I know for a fact that this info has be out before. I've read it as there was already a thread about it being 2k a month or two ago.

Here is the original patent filing that was out and about.

http://tarr.uspto.go...;entry=77182970

#7 Stephen Williams

Stephen Williams
  • Sustaining Members
  • 4708 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Europe

Posted 01 February 2008 - 05:05 PM

I know for a fact that this info has be out before. I've read it as there was already a thread about it being 2k a month or two ago.

Here is the original patent filing that was out and about.

http://tarr.uspto.go...;entry=77182970

Probably only a month ago as thats when Jim let the cat out of the bag. I think there was a possibility of the information leaking out before the planned announcement at NAB. Obviously this is speculation on my part.

Stephen

#8 Thomas James

Thomas James
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts
  • Camera Operator

Posted 01 February 2008 - 06:19 PM

I think that Jim made it very clear that the Scarlett will not have the capabilities of the Red 4k digital camera. However Casio recently introduced a hybrid digital still and movie camera that can shoot 2880x2160 at 60 frames per second but it can only record one second of this footage. If Jim decides to exploit this chip made by Sony we can have a 2880x1440 widescreen resolution that is almost 3k.

Opal

CineTape

Aerial Filmworks

Ritter Battery

Wooden Camera

CineLab

Tai Audio

Metropolis Post

Paralinx LLC

Broadcast Solutions Inc

The Slider

FJS International, LLC