8 replies to this topic

#1 Marc Shap

Marc Shap
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 30 January 2008 - 07:14 PM

Hi, I cant seem to play HD files from the hvx200 p2 cards in Final cut or Quick time. The cards have already been downloaded and put into FCP on another computer, the files were then burned to a DVD.

When I put the DVD in my system, it wont play the files, its just white, theres audio, but no video. Is it some kind of codec issue? or hardware issue. Im using a macbook pro with QT pro and FCP 5.1

Any help will help.

marc

#2 Satsuki Murashige

Satsuki Murashige
  • Sustaining Members
  • 3510 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • San Francisco, CA

Posted 30 January 2008 - 07:33 PM

Hi, I cant seem to play HD files from the hvx200 p2 cards in Final cut or Quick time. The cards have already been downloaded and put into FCP on another computer, the files were then burned to a DVD.

When I put the DVD in my system, it wont play the files, its just white, theres audio, but no video. Is it some kind of codec issue? or hardware issue. Im using a macbook pro with QT pro and FCP 5.1

Any help will help.

marc

Were all the files (.mxf and .txt) copied over to the DVD or just the .mxf files? The clips may not open in FCP without the .txt files.

#3 Marc Shap

Marc Shap
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 30 January 2008 - 10:22 PM

Were all the files (.mxf and .txt) copied over to the DVD or just the .mxf files? The clips may not open in FCP without the .txt files.

The files are already QT/FCP movie files, it just wont open? It sometimes gives me a message that I do not have the right hardware to meet the software? Ive heard its a codec issue, and if it is, I dont really know what to do?

thanks
marc

#4 Satsuki Murashige

Satsuki Murashige
  • Sustaining Members
  • 3510 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • San Francisco, CA

Posted 31 January 2008 - 01:55 AM

The files are already QT/FCP movie files, it just wont open? It sometimes gives me a message that I do not have the right hardware to meet the software? Ive heard its a codec issue, and if it is, I dont really know what to do?

thanks
marc

Wow, no idea then. Have you tried the more post oriented forums like Creative Cow? You'd be more likely to get knowledgeable help there unless Phil sees this and wants to chime in.

http://forums.creativecow.net/

#5 Jonathan Bowerbank

Jonathan Bowerbank
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2815 posts
  • 1st Assistant Camera
  • San Francisco, CA

Posted 31 January 2008 - 05:55 AM

I've had this issue burning SD video QT files to a data CD-R. Sometimes it's just a misread during the burning process.

Burning to a DVD isn't the best way to transport QT or FCP files, though. You really should hook up your own external hard-drive to the computer that has the files, and transfer them over. With writable DVD's you have a better chance of aliasing and file errors occurring.

#6 Mike Lary

Mike Lary
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Other

Posted 31 January 2008 - 11:00 AM

That sounds like a codec issue. I had a similar problem and if memory serves I had to download and install a codec from Panasonic's website. It could also be something with FCP (if it's an old version) or with the burn, but the symptoms are identical to missing coded symptoms.

#7 Marc Shap

Marc Shap
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 31 January 2008 - 03:33 PM

That sounds like a codec issue. I had a similar problem and if memory serves I had to download and install a codec from Panasonic's website. It could also be something with FCP (if it's an old version) or with the burn, but the symptoms are identical to missing coded symptoms.

This is what is says when I try and play it in FCP 5.1 :

"codec not found. you may be using a compression type without the corresponding hardware card"

What do I do?
thanks!

#8 Mike Lary

Mike Lary
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Other

Posted 04 February 2008 - 03:04 AM

What do I do?
thanks!

This might be it:
http://www.panasonic...e_downloads.asp
You could try downloading and installing the P2 driver.

#9 Andres Pardo aka Gral Treegan

Andres Pardo aka Gral Treegan
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Director
  • Mexico DF

Posted 04 February 2008 - 08:12 PM

Any help will help.

marc

Marc!!
you need to upgrade to final cut pro 5.1.4 or 6!!
bye!
Treegan

Paralinx LLC

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

The Slider

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Aerial Filmworks

FJS International, LLC

Technodolly

Wooden Camera

Metropolis Post

CineTape