2 replies to this topic

#1 James Briggs

James Briggs
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Camera Operator

Posted 07 February 2008 - 08:32 AM

I’ve posted this as well on the XL2 forum as that’s what this film was shot with but wanted to get some wider views from general people as-well. It's my first film on my own. You can see the trailer up at .

If any fellow filmmakers want to subscribe to my page I’ll be more than happy to check out your work as-well! Likewise if anyone’s kind enough to leave some helpful comments I’ll try and do the same. Thank you in though to anyone who takes the time to check out Spikes world!

The films on hold at the moment unfortunately : ( But I’ve got 2 more films in the pipeline.

James

Edited by James Briggs, 07 February 2008 - 08:33 AM.

#2 Mark Williams

Mark Williams
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Director
  • United Kingdom

Posted 09 February 2008 - 09:24 AM

Hi James. The trailer is supposed to give an indication of what the films about and I dont think this really did. A few cliches and pointless dialogue at least in terms of the trailer which somehow for me seemed to be trying to showcase your actors abilty which was undermined by bad sound. I would try and up the quality? Maybe think about using real film? And some good sound recording equipment? Also the editing needs re-doing and tighter. Anyway thats just one opinion. Some of what I liked was you seemed to have some potentialy good actors.. Inventive with some originality in parts.

#3 Evan Mabry

Evan Mabry
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Student

Posted 15 May 2008 - 12:38 AM

For me the Slovak girl reminded me too much of Katinka Inagbovinahina from Zoolander. I think even someone who can speak with that accent still has a hard time pulling it off... I would take out the laugh at the end. it's pretty forced and unrealistic. I've watched it several times and I think it would flow better (aside from less patchy editing) if you were to use more dubing over images. instead of cutting to little image that it goes with. You do this a couple of times, but it could stand to be done more especially with the cane and top hat guy( I would take out the "what are you doin mommy" part, but i really like the "this is reality, I am reality" part). I'd also take out the "bird nazis" thing too.

and of course no trailer is complete without the "dun dun dun" sound at the end. i think it would work well at the end of the girls dialogue... you know.. like a "woosh" or a "thud".

It looks like a lot of fun, I'm a sucker for psychological thriller/suspense.

Technodolly

Aerial Filmworks

Visual Products

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Paralinx LLC

Opal

Ritter Battery

Glidecam

CineTape

rebotnix Technologies

Rig Wheels Passport

Tai Audio