Leica LEICINA Super RT1
Posted 14 February 2008 - 07:12 AM
Posted 14 February 2008 - 12:31 PM
I've got one and have filmed 6 carts up to now. Don't have anything to show you 'cos i'm still messing around with my diy telecine project but haven't had much time lately.
If anyone has anything to say about this camera i would greatly appreciate it, thanks
-good steady image and quite sharp (but it's my first and only s8 camera so i don't have anything else to compare it to)
- bright viewfinder with split image focus that helps a lot
- lots of functions, from single frame up to 54fps, lap dissolves,etc. With the ST1 controller you can add even more features for time lapse etc.
- manual daylight filter, so you don't have to worry about cartridge notches. YOU decide if to use the filter or not.
- quite robust: outer casing is all metal
- quite cheap compared to bigger sister SPECIAL
- 25fps useful if you live in PAL countries
- NO cell battery for exposure, and auto exposure nearly always gets it right.
- not very friendly from an ergonomic point of view. Handle retracts completly but is quite 'strange' to hold. You need to get used to it.
- You don't have fully manual exposure: you can Lock it once the camera has decided the F stop, and you can compensate +-1
- battery holder is a joke. I guess the engineers where too tired when they arrived at designing the power source so they invented a crappy plastic holder that seems to break everytime you insert/remove batteries.
- there's no numeric film counter. You get a different colour in viewfinder depeneding if you are at start of film (green), more or less middle (yellow) or near the end (red)
- a variable shutter would have been a nice feature... With 64T and 85 filter inserted you can easily get yourself in Low light situations
- no macro
Posted 14 February 2008 - 10:43 PM
Posted 15 February 2008 - 03:18 AM
Posted 17 February 2008 - 03:56 AM