#1 Panayiotis Salapatas

Panayiotis Salapatas
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Greece

Posted 14 February 2008 - 02:12 PM

Hi All. My name is Panayiotis Salapatas and I am looking for an assistant cameraman for a greek production set in New Orleans (around ten days) and then Alaska for a month and a half. I will be the DP for this low budget greek production and I am looking for someone who is mostly interested in adventure. There are at least two weeks of shooting in a boat out in the open sea. As things stand right now the movie will be shot on film with anamorphic lenses.

I would appreciate if you could contact me at psalapatas@hotmail.com. Dates are April 14th up to early June.

Thank you

#2 Jamie Metzger

Jamie Metzger
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • San Francisco

Posted 14 February 2008 - 09:22 PM

Hi All. My name is Panayiotis Salapatas and I am looking for an assistant cameraman for a greek production set in New Orleans (around ten days) and then Alaska for a month and a half. I will be the DP for this low budget greek production and I am looking for someone who is mostly interested in adventure. There are at least two weeks of shooting in a boat out in the open sea. As things stand right now the movie will be shot on film with anamorphic lenses.

I would appreciate if you could contact me at psalapatas@hotmail.com. Dates are April 14th up to early June.

Thank you

"adventure"??? Does this mean, no/low pay. Does this also mean you expect someone with Anamorphic experience to travel for almost 2 months?

I'm interested in the details.

#3 Chris Keth

Chris Keth
  • Sustaining Members
  • 4427 posts
  • 1st Assistant Camera
  • Los Angeles

Posted 14 February 2008 - 10:34 PM

That is kind of intriguing. Mind telling us a little more in the way of details?

#4 Nate Downes

Nate Downes
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1638 posts
  • Florida, USA

Posted 14 February 2008 - 10:44 PM

Thank you

I'm not far from there. I'll shoot you a mail tomorrow.

#5 Jonathan Bowerbank

Jonathan Bowerbank
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2815 posts
  • 1st Assistant Camera
  • San Francisco, CA

Posted 15 February 2008 - 02:59 AM

"adventure"??? Does this mean, no/low pay. Does this also mean you expect someone with Anamorphic experience to travel for almost 2 months?

This sounds like the pissed off craigslist postings that I post from time to time in response to bogus job ads, ha ha!

#6 Jonathan Bowerbank

Jonathan Bowerbank
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2815 posts
  • 1st Assistant Camera
  • San Francisco, CA

Posted 15 February 2008 - 04:40 AM

btw, I'm not saying this ad is bogus :)

#7 John Carreon

John Carreon
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • 1st Assistant Camera
  • Orange County, CA.

Posted 15 February 2008 - 05:03 AM

I think everyone is just interested...

What equipment are you using?

Are you going to pay enough to survive? Or are you just offering a tent...and a few clif bars...

Opal

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Rig Wheels Passport

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Glidecam

CineLab

The Slider

rebotnix Technologies

Metropolis Post

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Willys Widgets

Tai Audio