Kristian Schumacher
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Other
  • Oslo, Norway

Posted 17 February 2008 - 07:31 AM

Hi everyone,

I got my hands on a couple of Arritechno cameras and some mags. One camera is in a really bad state with rust and all - this one has an arri std mount. The second camera is in near mint condition - everything moves nice and smoothly. This one has a lens with it in M 48 x 0.75 mount with no iris or focus controls.
Does anyone here have any experience with these cameras. I will be first trying to power one up by battery. I have done this before with a Milliken 16mm camera - and spent many hours trying to work it out before dicovering the film run-out switch :( So I thought this time I'll check to see if anyone has any pointers on wiring these cameras before starting.
I have e-mailed arri in Germany about an adapter that will fit pl-mount lenses to this arritechno thread (mentioned on the arri website) but got no reply. Any ideas?

Thanks a bunch!

Kristian

#2 Paul Bruening

Paul Bruening

(deceased)

• Sustaining Members
  • 2858 posts
  • Producer
  • Oxford, Mississippi

Posted 23 September 2008 - 10:57 AM

Hey Kristian,

How has this project worked out so far?

#3 Bruce McNaughton

Bruce McNaughton
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Melbourne Australia

Posted 25 September 2008 - 04:02 AM

Hi everyone,

I got my hands on a couple of Arritechno cameras and some mags. One camera is in a really bad state with rust and all - this one has an arri std mount. The second camera is in near mint condition - everything moves nice and smoothly. This one has a lens with it in M 48 x 0.75 mount with no iris or focus controls.
Does anyone here have any experience with these cameras. I will be first trying to power one up by battery. I have done this before with a Milliken 16mm camera - and spent many hours trying to work it out before dicovering the film run-out switch :( So I thought this time I'll check to see if anyone has any pointers on wiring these cameras before starting.
I have e-mailed arri in Germany about an adapter that will fit pl-mount lenses to this arritechno thread (mentioned on the arri website) but got no reply. Any ideas?

Thanks a bunch!

Kristian

Hi

My experience with Arri Germany (and Arri Australia) is that you will never get any reply or acknowledgment. Sorry to be so negative buy there is very little 'after sales service' attached to Arri.

Arri U.K are conversely quite helpful. They seem to get the answers out of Munich on your behalf...

I have no experience with Arritechno so I sadly cannot assist you either

Regards

Bruce

#4 Kristian Schumacher

Kristian Schumacher
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Other
  • Oslo, Norway

Posted 22 May 2009 - 07:54 AM

Sorry I completely missed your replies Bruce and Paul,

I gave up on the Arritechnos and sold both on Ebay. I am concentrating on a 2c for my underwater rig now. They seem like fine cameras though, pin registered and all. My main problem was getting a lens mount on them that would let me use the lenses I choose. But I have heard from several people that have changed the mount on them and that are very happy. Hopefully the CA buyer of my 2 cameras will become one of them.

Kristian

#5 Simon Wyss

Simon Wyss
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1415 posts
  • Other
  • Basel, Switzerland

Posted 30 May 2009 - 04:40 AM

Why not dive with an Arriflex II C. Only to fix this little issue of engineering interest: Arriflex II has no register pin. The movement is known to have a hole-fitting claw or pin but this is still moving.

#6 lucas Jodogne

lucas Jodogne

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Singapore

Posted 28 December 2009 - 05:29 AM

Try this guide in pdf.

Hope thats useful

Thanks Lucas

Hi everyone,

Thanks a bunch!

Kristian

#7 lucas Jodogne

lucas Jodogne

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Singapore

Posted 28 December 2009 - 05:42 AM

Try this guide in pdf.

Hope thats useful

Thanks Lucas

Sorry the document with the manual is 1.3 mb so I can't upload it. SEnd me your email address and I will forward it

#8 Wendy Dawson

Wendy Dawson

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 26 December 2010 - 11:41 PM

That's bad, I have the same camera but it works fine for me.

#9 Wendy Dawson

Wendy Dawson

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 31 December 2010 - 12:30 AM

That's bad, I have the same camera but it works fine for me.

I have no problems in using this in my free numerology artworks.

Edited by Wendy Dawson, 31 December 2010 - 12:30 AM.

Aerial Filmworks

Paralinx LLC

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

CineTape

rebotnix Technologies

Wooden Camera

The Slider

Opal

Abel Cine

FJS International, LLC

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Willys Widgets