#1 Mitchell Yount

Mitchell Yount
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Director
  • Lansing, MI

Posted 25 February 2008 - 10:45 AM

Please tell me what you think about effects and camera movement.

http://video.google....9...h&plindex=0

Video Link PLAY

Thanks

#2 Amin Khan

Amin Khan
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Other

Posted 25 February 2008 - 01:43 PM

I watched this a couple of times and You know what, i liked it. It was spooky - slightly sinister. As for judging the effects or camera work independently ..i dont know, im no expert but i did like the rain sound effect alot, that really made the piece - especially when it became really loud, as if one had stepped outside or opened a window. very immersive. The camera movements added to the sinister feel, like peering over the window sill and spying.
The thing that ruined it was the quality of the video. Google did a bad job of converting your film to flash. I would render the piece out again as close to the native google resolution as possible, then upload.

Weird little clip but in a good way.

#3 Mitchell Yount

Mitchell Yount
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Director
  • Lansing, MI

Posted 27 February 2008 - 11:46 AM

I watched this a couple of times and You know what, i liked it. It was spooky - slightly sinister. As for judging the effects or camera work independently ..i dont know, im no expert but i did like the rain sound effect alot, that really made the piece - especially when it became really loud, as if one had stepped outside or opened a window. very immersive. The camera movements added to the sinister feel, like peering over the window sill and spying.
The thing that ruined it was the quality of the video. Google did a bad job of converting your film to flash. I would render the piece out again as close to the native google resolution as possible, then upload.

Weird little clip but in a good way.

Thank You For The Post:

Hello, and thank you for that post in response to my article! This video was actually compiled together with a bunch of videos I recored with my camera(s) four of them. I recored these shots to perfore a white balance check on all the cameras. I only used one single monopod and the rest was handheld. I used no artiffical lighting.

Thanks again,
Mitchell

Glidecam

Paralinx LLC

Rig Wheels Passport

The Slider

Abel Cine

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Technodolly

FJS International, LLC

Broadcast Solutions Inc

CineLab