Photo

Changing the viewfinder on a Konvas KSR-1???

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 James Steven Beverly

James Steven Beverly
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4199 posts
  • Director
  • El Paso, Texas

Posted 29 February 2008 - 05:06 AM

Hey guys, I just got in an anamorphic viewfinder from Rafcamera today. I have the straight tubed KSR-1 6vt motor Konvas. What is the procedure for changing out the viewfinders? I saw a couple of VERY tiny screws in the body of the camera where the viewfinder goes in but I'm not sure if these have ANYTHING to do with removing the standard tube viewfinder and I am reluctant to mess with them in the event that the hold the prism or something equally easy to screw up piece in place. Please let me know how to change these tubes out so I can finish setting up the little Konvas for anamorphic shooting then returning it to spherical operation for the next shoot. Thanks-The Captain B)

Posted Image

Edited by James Steven Beverly, 29 February 2008 - 05:10 AM.

#2 Rafael Pankratau

Rafael Pankratau
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Other
  • Belarus, Europe

Posted 29 February 2008 - 09:02 AM

Why not to ask me first? :-)
Mentioned two screws are exactly what you need to loose in order to release original viewfinder.
Anamorphic viewfinder may need some initial adjusting to get undistorted and focused image, but original viewfinder will sit on its place without any adjusting later.
Thanks.

#3 Olex Kalynychenko

Olex Kalynychenko
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Dnepropetrovsk, Ukraine

Posted 29 February 2008 - 03:01 PM

Why not to ask me first? :-)
Mentioned two screws are exactly what you need to loose in order to release original viewfinder.
Anamorphic viewfinder may need some initial adjusting to get undistorted and focused image, but original viewfinder will sit on its place without any adjusting later.
Thanks.

And additional.
If you have disanamorphic viewfinder of 1M/2M version, the viewfinder have additional part on body ( on tube, special connector of 1M/2M viewfinder lock ) of viewfinder and if you will install of 1M/2M version on KSR-1 ( KSR-1M ) cameras , you need take away of this part on body.
This is very easy, need unscrew a few small srews on this part and part can be take away easy.
KSR-1, KSR-1M version of viewfinder can have special adjustable ring on body ( on tube ) of viewfinder.
This is ring will abut against on body of camera and fix of position of viewfinder inside body of camera.

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Opal

The Slider

CineTape

FJS International, LLC

Technodolly

CineLab

Visual Products

Glidecam

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Aerial Filmworks

Wooden Camera