Felipe Perez-Burchard
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Other
  • Los Angeles, CA USA / Mexico D.F., Mexico

Posted 01 March 2008 - 10:43 PM

Hello everyone,

I am in the very early phase of starting tests for a theatrical release shooting with the new Sony XDcam EX (pmw-ex1).
Im currently working on a project for TV that will be using them as splinter unit cameras and hopefully I can begin the tests in the weekends...

I was wondering if I could get some suggestions of what the most revealing tests would be.
Obviously, the goal is to take it all the way through a DI and Filmout to see the results on the big screen and judge it based on that ; the outcome could be NOT to shoot with it, but basically Im going to try to see when the image in different conditions fails and when it might be most pleasing / acceptable.

I am also wondering about testing with all those redrock / letus / p+s mini35 type adaptors -- I've never actually used them. What do you guys think of them in terms of what it does regarding optical degradation & maneuverability?

Ill shoot focus charts, latitude tests, night scenes, day scenes, motion blur, close-ups, wide shots...

What else?

Thanks for your constant feedback, input and time.

Regards,

#2 Nigel Smith

Nigel Smith
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Other
  • London

Posted 13 April 2008 - 03:21 PM

So how did it go?

#3 Luis Branquinho

Luis Branquinho
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2008 - 06:15 AM

Hello everyone,

I am in the very early phase of starting tests for a theatrical release shooting with the new Sony XDcam EX (pmw-ex1).
Im currently working on a project for TV that will be using them as splinter unit cameras and hopefully I can begin the tests in the weekends...

I was wondering if I could get some suggestions of what the most revealing tests would be.
Obviously, the goal is to take it all the way through a DI and Filmout to see the results on the big screen and judge it based on that ; the outcome could be NOT to shoot with it, but basically Im going to try to see when the image in different conditions fails and when it might be most pleasing / acceptable.

I am also wondering about testing with all those redrock / letus / p+s mini35 type adaptors -- I've never actually used them. What do you guys think of them in terms of what it does regarding optical degradation & maneuverability?

Ill shoot focus charts, latitude tests, night scenes, day scenes, motion blur, close-ups, wide shots...

What else?

Thanks for your constant feedback, input and time.

Regards,

Hi Filipe;

Got very curious about your testing on the EX1, since im going too start on a feature with theatrical release and will start testing next week
Thanks for any info

Luis

#4 andy mcbride

andy mcbride

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Other
  • atlanta

Posted 26 June 2008 - 09:45 AM

Hi Filipe;

Got very curious about your testing on the EX1, since im going too start on a feature with theatrical release and will start testing next week
Thanks for any info

Luis

heres a video we used it for....its not a movie set by any means..we set up lights only for the interviews..all the reast is just...hit record...

http://www.realviewtv.com/demo/albany/

we had to encode it twice out of premiere..then encoded it with Sorenson Squeeze...so the quality has been diminished...but it still looks decent for being web video.

Opal

Paralinx LLC

Aerial Filmworks

Metropolis Post

Glidecam

Broadcast Solutions Inc

CineTape

Rig Wheels Passport

Technodolly

CineLab

Abel Cine

Tai Audio