Procedure for on-set checking of HD Monitor?
Posted 02 March 2008 - 11:34 AM
It's a by-eye set-up, using the colour/blue bars to set the levels (matching certain bars in diferent parts of the screen).
Does anyone have a document that explains how to do this - what I'm looking for etc - or a link to a web site please?
Posted 02 March 2008 - 11:46 AM
In the same environment you plan on viewing the monitor - i.e. inside / outside / with hoodman, etc.
1. Send SMPTE bars from the camera.
2. Turn on "blue only" function on the monitor.
3. Adjust chroma and phase until the there's no difference in brightness between any sections of the blue bars.
4. Turn off "blue only."
5. On the bottom right of the screen there are three black bars called a "pluge." Adjust brightness until you can just make out the right-most bar. The other two should be indistinguishable from the adjacent black areas.
6. Adjust contrast to eye, until the white block at the bottom left looks "white" and the white bar on the upper left looks slightly less bright than the white block.
7. There's a waveform function on the monitor you can use to double check your exposure, etc.
Posted 02 March 2008 - 12:01 PM
Posted 02 March 2008 - 12:12 PM
Posted 02 March 2008 - 01:06 PM
Posted 02 March 2008 - 04:44 PM