#1 Cense

Cense

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Producer

Posted 06 March 2008 - 07:43 PM

Does anyone know, or have seen the effect where the screen looks like multi-color flames that are really bright fill up the screen, then as the disappear the new scene appears? I've included a music video link below, you can see the cool effect multiple times throughout the video. Starting at :16 and :24 in.

http://music.aol.com...chesney/1960750

Any ideas?

#2 Dory Breaux DP

Dory Breaux DP
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Fort Bragg, CA

Posted 06 March 2008 - 09:41 PM

Does anyone know, or have seen the effect where the screen looks like multi-color flames that are really bright fill up the screen, then as the disappear the new scene appears? I've included a music video link below, you can see the cool effect multiple times throughout the video. Starting at :16 and :24 in.

http://music.aol.com...chesney/1960750

Any ideas?

Its a film burn/light leak. its what happens when you expose film to the sunlight, and it cont be reproduced in-camera with video, so it must be done in post. I am not aware of any filters or pre-made effects, but there's plenty of stock footage that can buy used with the proper transparency and keying. Shoot me an email at skibikefilm (at) gmail (dot) com and I'll try and send you some that I have.

#3 Chris Keth

Chris Keth
  • Sustaining Members
  • 4427 posts
  • 1st Assistant Camera
  • Los Angeles

Posted 09 March 2008 - 09:22 PM

You could probably shoot a flat black surface on film with a few camera starts and stops for variety. I bet those would lumakey in pretty gracefully and convincingly.

#4 Scott Fritzshall

Scott Fritzshall
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Other
  • Los Angeles

Posted 09 March 2008 - 10:18 PM

Click on the link in my signature to check out my reel; I did a similar sort of effect to recreate flash frames in it. It's not particularly difficult to do in any compositing program; mostly some keyframed color-correction, blurs and transforms. It really helps to have actual examples that you're matching to; in my case I matched to the actual flash frames that occurred when I shot my footage.

The Slider

Paralinx LLC

Ritter Battery

Abel Cine

Visual Products

rebotnix Technologies

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Opal

Tai Audio

Rig Wheels Passport

CineTape

Broadcast Solutions Inc