Deska Binarso

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Student
  • Indonesia

Posted 07 March 2008 - 04:02 AM

heyho i'm a new in this forum, i from Indonesia and i need help for my final exam...
here's my question... the choose of camera is Sony HVR Z1 and Panasonic HVX 200, which one is best?and what are the pro and cons?

and maybe i try to use M2 adapter...

I really need suggestions from all of you based on your experience...so much thanks=)

#2 Adrian Sierkowski

Adrian Sierkowski
  • Sustaining Members
  • 7115 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles, Ca

Posted 07 March 2008 - 04:05 AM

Deska, please change your display name to your first name and last name as per forum rules

#3 Deska Binarso

Deska Binarso

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Student
  • Indonesia

Posted 07 March 2008 - 04:22 AM

Deska, please change your display name to your first name and last name as per forum rules

ok sir thanks for your suggest, sorry I'm new here, I don't really quite knows about the rule in this forum=)

and what about my question sir? what's yous suggestion for me? thanks

#4 Adrian Sierkowski

Adrian Sierkowski
  • Sustaining Members
  • 7115 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles, Ca

Posted 07 March 2008 - 04:28 AM

I like them both fine; all in all. They have strengths and weaknesses. The HVX doesn't do well in low light, and coupled with a M2 you'll be hurting for a stop more often than naught. The Z1u is a nice little camera, but it's HDV and interlaced; so that'll give you some issues as well. Given between the two, I feel the HVX is more marketable than the Z1u, though personally I like the "look," of the Z more (and I trust in sony.)

Look into the Letus adapter as well; it looses less light from what I'm told.

#5 Boyd McCollum

Boyd McCollum
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Director
  • Boulder, CO

Posted 09 March 2008 - 11:02 PM

Keep in mind that while the Z1 uses tape, the HVX-200 requires P2 cards (or Firestore Hard Drive). So if you go with the HVX, you'll need to think about both your production and post-production workflows, as well as long term archiving of your footage. For production, you'll need to know how many cards/drives you'll have, who is responsible for off-loading data, at least 2 sets of storage drives (one for the data, one to back up the data), and a process to ensure that data from the cards (or FS drive) are captured before reusing them. This should be handled by someone who knows what they are doing and has no other responsibilities. Do a search on this, the process has been pretty well worked out and isn't difficult, but does require thought and some additional resources.

Visual Products

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Technodolly

Rig Wheels Passport

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Glidecam

Broadcast Solutions Inc

The Slider

Abel Cine

Paralinx LLC

Opal

Willys Widgets