Ryan Mhor
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • 2nd Assistant Camera
  • Los Angeles and Las Vegas

Posted 09 March 2008 - 03:05 AM

Hello,

Was wondering if anybody could give some advice about this situation. I am shooting a commercial for a class on a Panavision G2 with tungsten stock. We are shooting on the 5th floor of a library where one side is a wall of windows with sunlight pouring in. Overhead there are countless fluorescent fixtures which are impossible to gel with minus green. Because some simple souls tripped a breaker on a previous shoot, we cannot use any juice inside the library and therefore we will have no other lighting besides the sunlight and the fluorescents. If I throw an 85 filter on the camera to correct for the daylight, what will that do to the fluorescents? I've heard that fluorescents uncorrected will look very green. Anybody have any suggestions as to how I could balance everything out.
Thanks

Ryan

Edited by Ryan Mhor, 09 March 2008 - 03:08 AM.

#2 John Brawley

John Brawley
  • Sustaining Members
  • 834 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Atlanta Georgia

Posted 09 March 2008 - 03:08 AM

Hello,

Was wondering if anybody could give some advice about this situation. I am shooting a commercial for a class on a Panavision G2 with tungsten stock. We are shooting on the 5th floor of a library where one side is a wall of windows with sunlight pouring in. Overhead there are countless fluorescent fixtures which are impossible to gel with minus green. Because some simple souls tripped a breaker on a previous shoot, we cannot use any juice inside the library and therefore we will have no other lighting besides the sunlight and the fluorescents. If I throw an 85 filter on the camera to correct for the daylight, what will that do to the fluorescents? I've heard that fluorescents uncorrected will look very green. Anybody have any suggestions as to how to correct my colors temperatures for a proper color representation.

Thanks

Ryan

ummm.

Maybe you can just follow this thread. Stragely....he's asked the same question as you.

http://www.cinematog...n...c=29600&hl=

jb

CineLab

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Aerial Filmworks

Willys Widgets

Abel Cine

Technodolly

Visual Products

Tai Audio

The Slider

Rig Wheels Passport