#1 inindustry

inindustry

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 09 March 2008 - 01:14 PM

i have arri 2b package for 5 years,only filmed 1 project ,i really like this camera package,small and easy to film around ,but since not using it any more...so i might just go ahead sell it .
it comes with couple magazine ,and some lenses ,and couple motor,its arri standard beyoug (don;t know how to spell it anymore) mount,

its working perfectlly ,

just wondering how much it worth now ?

i might sell it for my bills or just keep waiting for my agent find me another commecial to film.

any suggestions ?

is there alot commecials still shoot with film format in north america ,especialy in south ontario.

i checked some HD camera with 4k resolution ,it cost around 25.000 dollar for a package ,its quite a bit of budget for a commecial shoot,and if its for the renting i dont think it will be cheaper then film camera,the only part for the money saving is in the post production for film processing and transfer .but usually it doesn't cost that much .am i right ,somepme tell me here .

#2 Nate Downes

Nate Downes
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1638 posts
  • Florida, USA

Posted 09 March 2008 - 06:49 PM

i have arri 2b package for 5 years,only filmed 1 project ,i really like this camera package,small and easy to film around ,but since not using it any more...so i might just go ahead sell it .
it comes with couple magazine ,and some lenses ,and couple motor,its arri standard beyoug (don;t know how to spell it anymore) mount,

its working perfectlly ,

just wondering how much it worth now ?

i might sell it for my bills or just keep waiting for my agent find me another commecial to film.

any suggestions ?

is there alot commecials still shoot with film format in north america ,especialy in south ontario.

i checked some HD camera with 4k resolution ,it cost around 25.000 dollar for a package ,its quite a bit of budget for a commecial shoot,and if its for the renting i dont think it will be cheaper then film camera,the only part for the money saving is in the post production for film processing and transfer .but usually it doesn't cost that much .am i right ,somepme tell me here .

No camera package made yet has 4k for that price. You might be thinking of the RED One, but that price is just for the capturing sensor. Once you add the lenses, the storage system you're into the $100k range easily.

2B packages can go for an incredibly variable amount, depends on what is included with it. Basic camera body w/o anything else, likely $1000 in good shape, then add to it what comes with it.

#3 Hal Smith

Hal Smith
  • Sustaining Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • OKC area

Posted 10 March 2008 - 08:42 AM

It might be best to have your camera tested and CLA'd by a professional first. The biggest problem with purchasing used 2A/B/C's is they range in quality from junkers to cameras being used as B and C cameras on major features to this day. Any buyer is going to be concerned with just how usable your camera and kit is.

FJS International, LLC

Visual Products

Ritter Battery

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Technodolly

Opal

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Willys Widgets

Wooden Camera

Glidecam

rebotnix Technologies

CineLab