#1 andy patch

andy patch
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles

Posted 11 March 2008 - 02:24 PM

I recently got hired for a feature length documentary/television special on a historical chicago neighborhood, by a production company who will be receiving their RED camera within the next few months.
I had researched this camera very thoroughly a few months ago, but not as recently, as I didnt foresee myself using one so soon, and I am very happy the oppurtunity has presented itself.
However, in the mean time I plan on doing as much research as possible ( as well as my own extensive tests) in order to prepare for each stage of production...particuarly so I can shoot for the best post production workflow, which I have heard so much negative feedback about.
So with that in mind, I would appreciate any and all feedback from first hand experiences with the camera... lenses, CF cards, accessories, ideal formats, gamma, latitude etc... things i should prepare myself for, etc. I appreciate any and all feed back...I plan on making the most of this, and only can through the necessary prep. thanks!

The Slider

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Ritter Battery

Abel Cine

Rig Wheels Passport

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Technodolly

Opal

Visual Products

FJS International, LLC

rebotnix Technologies

Paralinx LLC