#1 Ed Colman

Ed Colman

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Other

Posted 14 March 2008 - 03:24 PM

At the moment, I am transferring some black and white footage shot on a Kinor 3H modified for 2 perf. We are seeing a strange vertical jitter. When we park on a single frame, it looks like a double exposure on a single frame. We have a chain link fence, for example, and the grid of links looks doubled. Does anyone have any experience with this? We have made it to the next mag and the problem has gone away. They were shooting both Kodak and Ilford stock. The Kodak was very jittery, so far the Ilford is better but there have been a couple of bounces. Any Ideas??

sincerely,

Ed Colman, President
SuperDailies, Inc.
Cinematographer Supervised Video Dailies

#2 victor huey

victor huey
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Producer

Posted 14 March 2008 - 04:38 PM

who did the conversion? How recently was it done? Has the camera been tuned up before they did test? Oftentimes a converted camera needs some TLC to take out and issues with gate, since it has been modified. CHeck the mags as well, as some of these have been sitting around unsed for almost 15 years.

Victor

#3 Bruce Taylor

Bruce Taylor
  • Sustaining Members
  • 482 posts
  • Other
  • Los Angeles

Posted 20 March 2008 - 07:32 PM

At the moment, I am transferring some black and white footage shot on a Kinor 3H modified for 2 perf. We are seeing a strange vertical jitter. When we park on a single frame, it looks like a double exposure on a single frame. We have a chain link fence, for example, and the grid of links looks doubled. Does anyone have any experience with this? We have made it to the next mag and the problem has gone away. They were shooting both Kodak and Ilford stock. The Kodak was very jittery, so far the Ilford is better but there have been a couple of bounces. Any Ideas??

sincerely,

Ed Colman, President
SuperDailies, Inc.
Cinematographer Supervised Video Dailies

Hi Ed,
If the registration pin hole in the gate is packed with film chips from torn film debris it can have that effect. The reg pin does not fully penetrate the gate to register the film. I suspect that is what has happened here. Call me if I can be of further assistance.

Bruce Taylor
909 641-2339

Tai Audio

Glidecam

rebotnix Technologies

Ritter Battery

The Slider

Rig Wheels Passport

Wooden Camera

Willys Widgets

Abel Cine

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS