#1 axela dardan

axela dardan
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • bulgaria, sofia

Posted 24 March 2008 - 05:18 PM

the location we will replicate with this project is a semi-basement restaurant kitchen. so we have one small window on the upper part of one wall, and a few practical lights, like lightbulbs hanging from the "ceiling", and other seam-like desk lamps (because the kitchen is more or less destroied in the script, and turned into a depositing area)

all the film will be shoot in night time, so i have to recreate this light atmosphere, in the given conditions...

the most urgent problem i have is how to emulate an electrical blackout, afterwards a candle lit sequence with the passing carlights coming in from the small semi-basement window, which were before hand motivated by a rear projection on that window of passing carlights, filmed in the real location

my question is, for a general chiaroscuro low key lighting in sequence before the blackout (so there is light now in the kitchen, enough for people to see their cooking) will a rear projecting of nighttime passing carlights through that window be powerful enough to catch it, in contrast with the room ambiance, on KODAK DOUBLE X 200ASA?

and then, how is this usually made... a normal digital projector shooting from behind upon a more transparent paper?

what about candle lighting, how would you suggest tricking the viewer into thinking this is real candle light? with the now and then, passing of car lights from the window... which i've yet haven't figured out how to phisically make (i thought moving a projector without fresnel in depth and sideways would make it, like the cars would make a turn)

thank you very much for your help,
diana

Abel Cine

Tai Audio

The Slider

Wooden Camera

rebotnix Technologies

Metropolis Post

Aerial Filmworks

Ritter Battery

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Visual Products