2 replies to this topic

#1 clyde villegas

clyde villegas
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Director

Posted 26 March 2008 - 12:29 AM

I have one scene where I need a wide shot, a close up to the right, and a close up to the left with just one camera. I involves two people talking to each other. For the close ups, I will be lifting the camera and bring it closer to the subjects and adjust the lighting a little. Since I will be using just one camera, does that mean I will have to have the actors do the scene three times for all those three different shots? Is this the proper way to do this? Thanks and God bless.

#2 Chance Shirley

Chance Shirley
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Director

Posted 26 March 2008 - 09:17 AM

That's the way I've always filmed those type scenes. With one camera, I can't really see any other way to do it.

#3 clyde villegas

clyde villegas
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Director

Posted 26 March 2008 - 06:36 PM

Thanks Chance! What's commonly done in this type of situation, rent more cameras or just have the actors do the scene three times? What do most people do? One problem I can see with shooting the three angles at the same time (with three cameras) is that my lighting setup for the close up shots will be exactly the same with the wide shot, leaving me no chance to tweak the lighting a little for the different angles... not to mention that renting adds to my expenses. The advantage that I see is that amateur actors (like in this particular project; they're my client's children) will just do it one time, saving me a lot of time in production.

Willys Widgets

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

CineLab

Aerial Filmworks

rebotnix Technologies

Technodolly

FJS International, LLC

Rig Wheels Passport

The Slider

Opal

Paralinx LLC

Visual Products