Joseph Nesbitt
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Student
  • Boston Mass

Posted 27 March 2008 - 09:16 PM

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related
This is the link to 10 minute flick school, please don't delete this post it is for educational purposes.
The first thing he mentioned that I was interested in was a spark gun for wall hits, he mentioned it 3:17 in the video, so a how do I get one? Any links? Or is there a DIY method to do this that you are familiar with?
now second 6:29 into the video he is talking about compositing Banderas sliding down the stairs on the guitar case and hitting the actor, so how do you composite without a Green Screen, could a garbage matte work, or would you have to go frame by frame and crop out banderas manually, then stick the footage together?

#2 Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes
  • Sustaining Members
  • 11939 posts
  • Other

Posted 27 March 2008 - 10:44 PM

I suspect by "spark gun" he means the zirconium-filled paintballs that are used by special effects people. They're simply fired from paintball guns and produce the typical spark hit effect when they hit a wall and burst. Unfortunately, and I'm sure you must have anticipated this, like most of the most amusing pyrotechnics they're not something you can just go out and buy.

As to green screen - well - if you really want to spend hours and hours rotoscoping moving objects, be my guest, but for the price of a few sheets of plywood and a can of green paint...

All right, it's not quite that easy, but if you look around this forum you will find a wealth of information regarding greenscreen which will allow you to develop a way of doing it on the cheap.

P

PS - Oh yeah. What they did there, yes, it was roto'd

#3 Robert Houllahan

Robert Houllahan
  • Sustaining Members
  • 1584 posts
  • Industry Rep
  • Providence R.I.

Posted 28 March 2008 - 02:54 AM

This is the link to 10 minute flick school, please don't delete this post it is for educational purposes.

10 minutes is too much, if you need to learn how to make cheap films nobody will remember and front like you do everything just get a crap camera from best buy and start shooting and save the rest of the 9 minutes and 54 seconds for jerking off...

Hula

CineTape

Willys Widgets

The Slider

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Paralinx LLC

Ritter Battery

Abel Cine

Tai Audio

CineLab

Rig Wheels Passport

Aerial Filmworks