Photo

PL mount - how thick should the locking tabs be?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Henri Titchen

Henri Titchen
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Other

Posted 31 March 2008 - 03:03 AM

I have a couple of inexpensive stainless steel Arri standard to PL mount adapters. They came from different continents/manufacturers.

I am experiencing a problem where the adapters are too thick to be able to lock into the lens mount of a PL mount camera.

The "locking tabs" or "wings" of the mount are too thick for the PL mount on the camera to lock.

Can anyone let me know what the thickness of these should be? The "tabs" on one of mine measures about 2.25mm the other measures about 2.20mm thick. (I used a micrometer). I measured an Arri plastic PL mount camera "dust cap" and the tabs on it are about 2mm thick.

What should the correct thickness be?

Thanks From,
Henry.

#2 Olex Kalynychenko

Olex Kalynychenko
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Dnepropetrovsk, Ukraine

Posted 31 March 2008 - 05:38 AM

I have a couple of inexpensive stainless steel Arri standard to PL mount adapters. They came from different continents/manufacturers.

I am experiencing a problem where the adapters are too thick to be able to lock into the lens mount of a PL mount camera.

The "locking tabs" or "wings" of the mount are too thick for the PL mount on the camera to lock.

Can anyone let me know what the thickness of these should be? The "tabs" on one of mine measures about 2.25mm the other measures about 2.20mm thick. (I used a micrometer). I measured an Arri plastic PL mount camera "dust cap" and the tabs on it are about 2mm thick.

What should the correct thickness be?

Thanks From,
Henry.

The original Carl Zeiss Opton 18 mm lens have Arri PL lens mount with thickness of " washer" 2.00 mm with facet (bevel) from camera side 1x45', lens side 0.5x45'.

If you need other dimensions, send me personal letter.

#3 Henri Titchen

Henri Titchen
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Other

Posted 31 March 2008 - 06:39 AM

Thanks Olex, much appreciated,

I think both of the adapters I was describing are very slightly out of specification.

Thanks From,
Henry.

Quantum Music Works

The Slider

Glidecam

Tai Audio

FJS International, LLC

Visual Products

CineLab

Pro 8mm

rebotnix Technologies

Zylight