#1 Tyler Leisher

Tyler Leisher
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Director
  • El Segundo, CA

Posted 01 April 2008 - 09:36 PM

I've recently acquired the rights to an IPTV show that has a fairly large fan base in place (75,000 Views per week) and I'm looking to move it into a studio with some real equipment to really get it growing. However, I'm not sure the best way to go about doing it. Is it any different than financing a TV show or Film? I have gotten funding for two shorts in the past but I'm looking to get more money for this project so that we can buy a studio, cameras, pay the hosts, etc.

What is the best way to go about doing this?

#2 Freya Black

Freya Black
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4161 posts
  • Other
  • Went over the edge... Central Europe

Posted 02 April 2008 - 04:03 PM

I've recently acquired the rights to an IPTV show that has a fairly large fan base in place (75,000 Views per week) and I'm looking to move it into a studio with some real equipment to really get it growing. However, I'm not sure the best way to go about doing it. Is it any different than financing a TV show or Film? I have gotten funding for two shorts in the past but I'm looking to get more money for this project so that we can buy a studio, cameras, pay the hosts, etc.

What is the best way to go about doing this?

IPTV is usually organised around channels, so usually the channel would provide funding, but as you are talking about a show then I wonder if you don't mean a web based show, such as might be found on youtube etc? Usually web based shows raise money through advertising or in the case of the really big ones, sponsorship. The trouble is that they usually need to be preety huge in order to make any money this way.

It seems to me that you could try and fund it the same way as you did the shorts but mostly the economics of web video is something that is still being worked out and the sums are relatively small. It's one of those things where you have to try and get the highest quality for the most minimal budgets.

You don't say much about what kind of show it is so I can't speculate much more than that because the economics of a web video is dictated a lot by the kind of video it is, just as in conventional television.

love

Freya

Visual Products

rebotnix Technologies

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Abel Cine

CineTape

Tai Audio

FJS International, LLC

Aerial Filmworks

The Slider

Wooden Camera