#1 Niki Mundo

Niki Mundo
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Student
  • Los Angeles

Posted 13 April 2008 - 01:12 PM

I remember seeing this film in the 80's. I think it was an english production but I'm not sure. This is what I remember plot wise.

A) European terrorists train shooting odd paper targets in a safe house in the woods.
B ) They storm a mansion with a dinner party with rich politicals.
C) A uncover german policeman who inflitrated the group uses a mirror to communicate morse code with police outside the mansion
D) Towards the end a female terrorist comes out of a closet she was hiding in and get shot back into it by the uncover policeman she was sleeping with.

That's all I remember. Can you help name this film?

#2 Max Jacoby

Max Jacoby
  • Sustaining Members
  • 2955 posts
  • Other

Posted 13 April 2008 - 01:29 PM

It's more likely a German production, that's the country the Rote Armee Fraktion is from. I don't recognize the film you've seen, but there are quite a few films on the subject. Fassbinder made one called Die Dritte Generation (The Third Generation) which bizarrely ends with the final shoot out not shown, but instead you can read the script pages...

There is also a very good docu-drama called Das Todesspiel, but once again, that's not the film you've seen.

According to the German Wikipedia page, these are films that deal with the RAF:

1978 ? Deutschland im Herbst (D) verschiedene Kurzfilme und -Reportagen von elf Regisseuren, Regie: Rainer Werner Fassbinder, Volker Schlöndorff, Alexander Kluge, Edgar Reitz u. a.
1979 ? Die dritte Generation (D) Groteske, Regie: Rainer Werner Fassbinder
1981 ? Die bleierne Zeit (D) Spielfilm, Regie: Margarethe von Trotta
1986 ? Stammheim (D) Doku-Drama, Regie: Reinhard Hauff, Drehbuch: Stefan Aust
1992 ? Der Herbst der Terroristen (D) Spiegel TV Doku, Regie: Stefan Aust
1997 ? Todesspiel (D) Doku-Drama, Regie: Heinrich Breloer
1997 ? Das Phantom (D) Polit-Thriller, Regie: Dennis Gansel
1997 ? Im Fadenkreuz ? Deutschland & die RAF (D) fünf Dokumentarfilme von verschiedenen Regisseuren
2000 ? Die innere Sicherheit (D) Spielfilm, Regie: Christian Petzold
2000 ? Die Stille nach dem Schuss (D) Spielfilm, Regie: Volker Schlöndorff
2000 ? Das Phantom (D) Spielfilm, Regie: Dennis Gansel
2001 ? Black Box BRD (D) Dokumentarfilm, Regie: Andres Veiel
2002 ? Baader-Meinhof: In Love with Terror (Großbritannien) Dokumentarfilm
2002 ? Baader (D) Spielfilm, Regie: Christopher Roth
2003 ? Starbuck Holger Meins (D) Dokumentarfilm, Regie: Gerd Conradt
2003 ? Stockholm 75 (Schweden) Dokumentarfilm, Regie: David Aronowitsch
2003 ? Andreas Baader ? Der Staatsfeind (D) Dokumentarfilm, Regie: Klaus Stern
2005 ? Ein deutscher Terrorist (Niederlande) Dokumentarfilm, über den Ex-Terroristen Hans-Joachim Klein
2006 ? Ulrike Meinhof ? Wege in den Terror (D) Dokumentarfilm (60 Min.), Portrait über Ulrike Meinhof, gesendet von den ARD am 31. August 2006
2007 ? Die RAF (D) Zweiteiliger Dokumentarfilm, Der Krieg der Bürgerkinder und Der Herbst des Terrors von Stefan Aust und Helmar Büchel, ARD, 09./10. September 2007

#3 Niki Mundo

Niki Mundo
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Student
  • Los Angeles

Posted 13 April 2008 - 01:44 PM

Thanks Max, I think it was called Who Dares Wins (1982) or The Final Option.. this is what I found after I put "morse code mirror police mansion" into google. Then I found the summary below on Amazon.

In an uncanny piece of art imitating life,Who Dares Wins came out in 1982 just after the infamous storming of the Iranian Embassy by the legendary British Special Air Services (SAS) unit. The plot builds up to that unshakeable image of black-clad troops abseiling the front of a stately home and smashing through the windows, and pays off expectations with a thrilling finale. Anyone expecting two hours of military instruction will be disappointed however. After the opening 10 minutes with the troops, the almost James-Bond-like story follows Lewis Collins (riding high in those days after TV's The Professionals) as he infiltrates a radical anti-Nuclear society. Operation: Destroy requires him to go undercover with their potentially insane leader Frankie (Judy Davis), ignoring his wife and child. The period detail is often the film's most entertaining feature as Collins tours across 1980s London constantly eluding spies on his tail. Apart from the endless permed hairdos and the fact that the Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament hasn't got much to demonstrate about these days, there's the fashions and low-tech gadgetry to enjoy. In the US the film was called The Final Option.

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

CineLab

Willys Widgets

Broadcast Solutions Inc

rebotnix Technologies

Metropolis Post

Wooden Camera

Abel Cine

The Slider

Ritter Battery

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Aerial Filmworks