Photo

irritatingly undecisive!! 35mm lens adapters...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Victor Credi

Victor Credi

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Cairo, Egypt

Posted 14 April 2008 - 11:49 PM

here's the story... I am an Egyptian cinematographer residing in good o'l Cairo... and i mainly shoot music videos (mostly s16mm sometimes 35mm)... and since i have some down time between projects... i got some offers for some short films ( which i kinda have a thing for) to shoot on digital... they saw some of my stuff shot with the m2 ( back when i was in chicago, where i shot practicaly everything with) and loved it... so i'm considering getting an adapter... but since i solely worked with the m2... i feel there might be a better one (calculating price, quality, PREP TIME.. etc).. so alright... I think i researched every dark hole in cyber space to try and reach a tiping point for one or the other of these adapters... from the infamous redrock m2 to the letus35 to its less known rival the cinevate brevis35... but failed miserably... and since I'm way out here in the Sahara, where's there's no way to rent and do tests... I'm planning to purchase with a leap of faith... based on ur feedbacks... (hopefully there's someone out there that tried all of them :)...

i apprectiate your comments in advance...

cheers...

#2 Adrian Sierkowski

Adrian Sierkowski
  • Sustaining Members
  • 7117 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles, Ca

Posted 15 April 2008 - 12:32 AM

I am not a fan of the redrock; but I like the letus. If anythign the 1/2 stop light loss is WELL worth it. All in all they're going to be a pain with backfocus and the like, and if anything when you're working on a low budget; you want to be able to use every bit of light possible in the location as is. That's just my opinion and experience of course.

#3 Serge Teulon

Serge Teulon
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • London UK

Posted 15 April 2008 - 09:44 AM

What camera is it for?

#4 Adrian Sierkowski

Adrian Sierkowski
  • Sustaining Members
  • 7117 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles, Ca

Posted 15 April 2008 - 11:08 AM

It works for most any camera; they have step-down rings for specific ones, but essentially, it's like a screw on filter; so long as your lens is the same MM as their's it'll work.
I used it on the HVX w/o issue.

Wooden Camera

CineLab

Abel Cine

Technodolly

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

The Slider

Rig Wheels Passport

Tai Audio

FJS International, LLC

CineTape

rebotnix Technologies