#1 Chris Ballard

Chris Ballard

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Producer

Posted 15 April 2008 - 01:35 PM

Hope someone can help me. Just bought XL2 w/20x lens. When lens attached or unattached, when camera powered up, in viewfinder it says "check the lens" and "lens" flashes in red when main menu comes up in viewfinder. Tried other lens and same problem. Always clicks when attaching lens and have no problem with lens release. Thanks for your response.

#2 Joe Taylor

Joe Taylor
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • Other

Posted 16 April 2008 - 12:08 PM

Hope someone can help me. Just bought XL2 w/20x lens. When lens attached or unattached, when camera powered up, in viewfinder it says "check the lens" and "lens" flashes in red when main menu comes up in viewfinder. Tried other lens and same problem. Always clicks when attaching lens and have no problem with lens release. Thanks for your response.

Might seem like a dumb question, but are you powering down your camera before you mount the lens'?

Did you buy this camera and lens package new? If you bought them together used, the seller should have known there was a problem.

#3 Emmanuel Spadafora

Emmanuel Spadafora

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Camera Operator

Posted 06 June 2008 - 01:53 AM

Hi sr, responding to the message you left, i have the same problem in my canon Xl2 the !"check the lens" message, and im wondering if you have the answer now how to fix that problem , ive been looking and nothing ill really appreciate any info you could give to me! thanks Chris

#4 Albert Wood

Albert Wood
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Other

Posted 27 January 2009 - 07:06 AM

Hello, I have never had this problem but have you tried cleaning the contacts on the camera & the lense? The best thing for cleaning them is the rubber eraser on the end of a pencil. It cleans without removing metal or scratching any connection.
Hope it helps.
Cheers, Albert.

#5 Alan Puccinelli

Alan Puccinelli

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Other

Posted 12 February 2009 - 02:23 PM

I had the same problem, but it was with the lens itself... sounds like your issue may be with the contacts on the body if swapping the lens doesn't help. Here's what I had to do for anyone that comes across the same problem:
http://www.thewebclo...check-the-lens/

Paralinx LLC

The Slider

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

FJS International, LLC

Visual Products

Metropolis Post

CineTape

CineLab

Rig Wheels Passport

Aerial Filmworks

Opal