#1 Justin Lovell

Justin Lovell
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Toronto

Posted 18 April 2008 - 03:07 PM

Can anyone do this, or help me find someone who can modify a projector to run at a constant speed?
Doesn't matter what speed, just needs to be locked at an exact fps so I can pull the audio off some sound super 8 footage and sync in with a transfer.

Thanks!

Edited by Justin Lovell, 18 April 2008 - 03:08 PM.

#2 Bruce Taylor

Bruce Taylor
  • Sustaining Members
  • 482 posts
  • Other
  • Los Angeles

Posted 18 April 2008 - 04:55 PM

Can anyone do this, or help me find someone who can modify a projector to run at a constant speed?
Doesn't matter what speed, just needs to be locked at an exact fps so I can pull the audio off some sound super 8 footage and sync in with a transfer.

Thanks!

I'm a bit rusty here, but I seem to recall I had a device for my old Elmo 1200 S8 projector that used a flash frame to start the recorder and run it in sync- a 4 track reel to reel perhaps? The projector ran in sync with the 60hz mains power supply, as did the recorder, the trick being to start them at the same time because after that they both sync to the mains. So it might be effective (and very cheap) to be sure your projector runs direct on mains power, then simply record to your favorite digital device and be pretty darn close. You'll have to find visual and audio reference points and manually sync the audio, but it should be doable.

Bruce Taylor
www.Indi35.com

#3 Bart Smith

Bart Smith
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Other
  • London

Posted 19 April 2008 - 02:47 AM

http://www.telecine.de sell boards that you can fit to Bauer T502, T510, T525 and T610 projectors to sync them at either 16 2/3 or 25FPS over here in PAL-land. The 16 2/3 board can operate at 20FPS NTSC as far as I can understand. The sync is derived from a video genlock. I can't work out how to link directly to the relevant bit, click on 'Produkte' and scroll down to 'Einbausatz Artikel-Nr. 1020'. Price is ?73.50 inc tax.

My German is non-existent, so I may be missing some vital bit of info as I can only really read it via online translation tools.

A Bauer T610 sold on ebay.ca recently for C$159.50. Nice machine with stereo playback.

Edited by Bart Smith, 19 April 2008 - 02:49 AM.

Visual Products

Wooden Camera

Glidecam

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Technodolly

The Slider

Abel Cine

Rig Wheels Passport

rebotnix Technologies

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Ritter Battery

Gamma Ray Digital Inc