#1 Dominic Case

Dominic Case
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1357 posts
  • Other
  • Sydney Australia

Posted 21 April 2008 - 11:01 PM

I just noticed the post count against my name. This is my one thousandth post to cinematography.com.

Not even a tenth of David Mullen's score - but still it seems a huge number and it's only 0.66 per day.

Aren't web statistics stunningly nerdy :blink:. I wonder how much time that means I've spent on this site.

Anyway, does anything happen when you hit a thousand? Fireworks? A day off? Telegram from the Queen?

We'll see.

So, hi! to the 18,000 odd members of the forum.

Sorry to clutter up the list with such a content-free message.

#2 Richard Boddington

Richard Boddington
  • Sustaining Members
  • 5482 posts
  • Director

Posted 21 April 2008 - 11:35 PM

Yes but most of David Mullen's posts are self congratulatory in nature :D

I think Phil Rhodes has more posts than David, but 90% of Phil's post are incomprehensible to those of us that don't know 999,000 of the 1 million words in the English language :blink:

Forum rules state that on your 1000th post you must give free processing of 150K feet of 35mm to all Canadian feature film directors who live in Shanty Bay Ontario.

Hey I just passed 2000 as a matter of fact, but 1999 of those where spent trying to educate James Steven Beverly.

R,

#3 Tim O'Connor

Tim O'Connor
  • Sustaining Members
  • 860 posts
  • Other
  • Boston, Massachusetts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 01:47 AM

I just noticed the post count against my name. This is my one thousandth post to cinematography.com.

Not even a tenth of David Mullen's score - but still it seems a huge number and it's only 0.66 per day.

Aren't web statistics stunningly nerdy :blink:. I wonder how much time that means I've spent on this site.

Anyway, does anything happen when you hit a thousand? Fireworks? A day off? Telegram from the Queen?

We'll see.

So, hi! to the 18,000 odd members of the forum.

Sorry to clutter up the list with such a content-free message.

No clutter at all. You contribute quite a lot. I've learned lots from your posts, thanks!

#4 Paul Bruening

Paul Bruening

(deceased)

• Sustaining Members
  • 2858 posts
  • Producer
  • Oxford, Mississippi

Posted 22 April 2008 - 09:32 AM

Dominic,

I feel obliged to comment. As far as I can recall, you and David Mullen have been, consistently, the most valuable assets to this forum. We can always depend on the thoroughness and accuracy of your answers. In most cases, here, I surf to the threads that interest me. In your case, I perform a search on your name and read everything you post.

#5 K Borowski

K Borowski
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3905 posts
  • Camera Operator
  • I.A.T.S.E. Local # 600 Eastern Region

Posted 22 April 2008 - 09:37 AM

Sorry, I don't think you can get a telegram from the Queen; haven't all telegrams been discontinued, or was that just Western Union? I think you can still get a singing candy-gram though ;)

I'd send you a "gift", but I don't think this type of liquid reward would actually make it through customs without some sort of import duty :(

I like the idea about 150,000 feet of free processing. I think you need to move further south though, say the Great Lakes region south of that pesky Canadian border. . .

Anyway, congratulations on 1,000 serious informative posts and then one not-so-serious one! I wish my useful-to-B.S. ratio were anywhere near that good!

#6 Fran Kuhn

Fran Kuhn
  • Sustaining Members
  • 352 posts
  • Other

Posted 22 April 2008 - 11:38 AM

Hi Dominic,

I'm with the rest of the crowd here--I have always found your posts very, very helpful. Looking forward to the next 1K! (FWIW I love Phil's posts, too!)

-Fran

#7 John Holland

John Holland
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • London England

Posted 22 April 2008 - 12:14 PM

I think you are all being much to nice to Dominic he wont give you loads of free processing and prints and much more annoying is he works at a great lab and lives in a great city ,so bah humbug . :rolleyes:

#8 John Sprung

John Sprung
  • Sustaining Members
  • 4635 posts
  • Other

Posted 22 April 2008 - 12:26 PM

I think you are all being much to nice to Dominic he wont give you loads of free processing and prints and much more annoying is he works at a great lab and lives in a great city ,so bah humbug . :rolleyes:

Um, you're only 15 short of the magic number. You could easily pull ahead.... ;-)

-- J.S.

#9 John Holland

John Holland
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • London England

Posted 22 April 2008 - 12:42 PM

Oh yes your correct will have to stop posting rubbish unlike Dom .

#10 John Brawley

John Brawley
  • Sustaining Members
  • 834 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Atlanta Georgia

Posted 22 April 2008 - 04:41 PM

I like the idea about 150,000 feet of free processing. I think you need to move further south though, say the Great Lakes region south of that pesky Canadian border. . .

Look im pretty sure that's only available to the locals here in Sydney.....

Congrats Dom. Buy you a beer at the ACS 50.....

jb

The Slider

Abel Cine

Rig Wheels Passport

Wooden Camera

Opal

Technodolly

Metropolis Post

Ritter Battery

FJS International, LLC

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Gamma Ray Digital Inc