• Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • paris, france

Posted 24 April 2008 - 01:34 PM

there are time in life for changings !

i'm happy to share this moment with you

i'm starting this sunday my last film as a camera assistant it's an imax film about ferraris with asc DP Reed Smooth. (3 weeks in Italy)

i started 10 years ago with an other imax film "patrouille de france" (french blue angels).

well that said

:)

#2 John Holland

John Holland
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • London England

Posted 24 April 2008 - 01:39 PM

Well done Reed Smoot is the king of IMAX i think use all his knowledge , then next time you could well be the DP .

#3 Travis Cline

Travis Cline
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 24 April 2008 - 01:42 PM

Say hello to Reed for me. He is my neighbor. Pay attention, he really knows what he's talking about.

Travis Cline

#4 Delorme Jean-Marie

Delorme Jean-Marie
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • paris, france

Posted 24 April 2008 - 03:25 PM

if Reed is a smooth operator Smoot is defintly his name
sorry for my bad spelling

#5 Max Jacoby

Max Jacoby
  • Sustaining Members
  • 2955 posts
  • Other

Posted 24 April 2008 - 05:32 PM

i'm starting this sunday my last film as a camera assistant it's an imax film about ferraris with asc DP Reed Smooth. (3 weeks in Italy)

Congrats.

Gone are the days of carrying the camera around then, it's a viewfinder at most from here on ;)

#6 Delorme Jean-Marie

Delorme Jean-Marie
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • paris, france

Posted 25 April 2008 - 02:26 AM

thx max you got it 100%
those ten years where fantastic anyway even if sometime unloading and loading those dam trucks was exhausting.

and a big THANK YOU for cinematography.com and this great spirit of sharing the same passion.
this web site helped me learning ten time more than the dp's i worked With in my career

I know it's only a new start, the begining of a life long experience and i'm fine with that

thank you alll

#7 Dax McKeever

Dax McKeever
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Other

Posted 25 April 2008 - 08:02 PM

thx max you got it 100%
those ten years where fantastic anyway even if sometime unloading and loading those dam trucks was exhausting.

and a big THANK YOU for cinematography.com and this great spirit of sharing the same passion.
this web site helped me learning ten time more than the dp's i worked With in my career

I know it's only a new start, the begining of a life long experience and i'm fine with that

thank you alll

Congrats, Congrats, Congratulations! It sounds like a huge, 10-year awaited victory, yes?
Keep me as a friend. I'm just starting out, seeking PA opportunity to gain experience, and
if unable to find aprenticeship experience then I'm considering grad. school at John Moores
in Liverpool, or U.C.C.A. in Farnham (outside of London). Advice? or Recommendations
of how I may seek PA experience? or better recommendations for postgrad film study?
Add me as a friend, and let me wish you CONGRATS AGAIN (after you return Italy in 3wks)!

Dax

#8 Francesco Bonomo

Francesco Bonomo
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts
  • 1st Assistant Camera
  • currently in Rome, Italy

Posted 28 April 2008 - 02:42 AM

there are time in life for changings !

i'm happy to share this moment with you

i started 10 years ago with an other imax film "patrouille de france" (french blue angels).

well that said

:)

Congratulations, Jean-Marie!!!
And if you happen to be around tuscany, please let me know!!
Ciao!

#9 Delorme Jean-Marie

Delorme Jean-Marie
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • paris, france

Posted 20 May 2008 - 03:38 AM

well we spent two days in tuscany somewhere in a soccer field like usual with helicopter gigs.
working with reed was great experience we also had booby adams as a key grip and doug lavender as first AC all top level techniciens and great people to travel with.

thx all for your support i ll let you know about the coming projects
so far 1 comercial in algeria, 6 in maroco 2 documentary not to bad for a beguining

i shot in hd a documentary about french gastronomy last we i could taste all the fun of dping on a verry small crew and the catering was not too bad ,]

i m now in odessa ukrain to shhoot some helicopter stuff for transporter 3 the new luc besson production movie ....

Tai Audio

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

FJS International, LLC

CineLab

Glidecam

Technodolly

Ritter Battery

Opal

Abel Cine

Willys Widgets

Wooden Camera

Metropolis Post