#1 Kirsty Stark

Kirsty Stark
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • 2nd Assistant Camera
  • Adelaide, Australia

Posted 13 May 2008 - 03:39 AM

There seem to be a fair few Aussies lurking around the forums, so I thought I'd throw it out there... is anyone going to the ACS 50th anniversary conference in Sydney later this month? I'll be there and would love to meet some of you if you want to catch up for a drink or a chat.

And if any of you non-Australians are free between May 28th and June 1st, it should be a great conference:

"The Australian Cinematographers Society (ACS) has attracted more than 50 of Cinema?s leading image creators from around the world to its 50th anniversary celebration, to be held over four days at the Overseas Passenger Terminal, Circular Quay West, Sydney. The presenters include Academy, BAFTA and AFI award winning cinematographers, animators, computer artists, image creatives and technologists.

ACS50 Chairman Calvin Gardiner ACS has never seen this many stars at a single event.

?To have cinematographers Dean Semler (Apocalypto), Russell Boyd (Master and Commander) and Andrew Lesnie (Lord of the Rings) in one room would be more than enough, but add the representatives of the British and American Societies of Cinematographers (ASC and BSC) and mix them with the best established and up-and-coming local talent, and you have a once in my lifetime experience.?

More at: http://www.acs50.com

#2 James Brown

James Brown
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Sydney, Australia

Posted 13 May 2008 - 05:04 AM

Hi,

Ill be there from Wednesday through to Saturday night. Really looking forward to something that is indeed very rare in Australia. Master Classes with David Gribble and Andrew Lesnie......What more could one ask for in a week.

Regards, James.

#3 Kirsty Stark

Kirsty Stark
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • 2nd Assistant Camera
  • Adelaide, Australia

Posted 16 May 2008 - 05:31 AM

It's definitely going to be a great experience... probably won't happen again in Australia for another 50 years so it's amazing to have the opportunity to go.

Anyone else going to be there?

rebotnix Technologies

CineTape

FJS International, LLC

Aerial Filmworks

CineLab

Visual Products

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Metropolis Post

Tai Audio

The Slider

Rig Wheels Passport