#1 clodius

clodius

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Student

Posted 18 May 2008 - 10:31 AM

Hello everybody.I wasn't sure where to post this, considering the topic, so sorry in advance if i'm asking in the wrong place.

I was trying to get my head around how to create a long exposure video, having the long exposure photo effect but animated.To make it more clear here is what i'm reaching for.
My first ideas were to try and combine different long exposure photos and morfing them together in a sequence or, film a sequence and try to write a code that would control the "life" of each frame so that for example frame no.1 would "live" 'till frame no.30 apears and so on...But i got kinda lost.I would appreciate any kind of help/input/advice you could give me.

Thx, Andrei.

#2 Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes
  • Sustaining Members
  • 11936 posts
  • Other

Posted 18 May 2008 - 07:25 PM

You can do this partially by piling a lot of frames together in any piece of software which supports additive slow motion - most any NLE will do it. Do that on about 25 tracks, assuming you want a one-second trail, and then pile all those together with a one-frame start position offset.

Takes a bit of experimentation, but it's fairly simple. And christ, could those art-installation people be any more up themselves? Come up with a fairly bland idea and they think they're doing something clever...

P

Opal

Rig Wheels Passport

Metropolis Post

Wooden Camera

Technodolly

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Aerial Filmworks

CineLab

Ritter Battery

Abel Cine

CineTape