#1 John Butler

John Butler
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Other
  • New Jersey

Posted 18 May 2008 - 09:45 PM

What is this tellurium sensitization I have been hearing about, and how does it differ from two electron sensitization/etc? Is it better? Is it completely different and incomparable?

#2 K Borowski

K Borowski
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3905 posts
  • Camera Operator
  • I.A.T.S.E. Local # 600 Eastern Region

Posted 21 May 2008 - 11:39 AM

IIRC, it's part of the same process (double electron sensitization). It's an additive to the emulsion to enable better sensitivity. There's supposedly one further level of sensitization that wasn't achieved with Vision 3.

#3 John Butler

John Butler
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Other
  • New Jersey

Posted 26 May 2008 - 12:18 AM

IIRC, it's part of the same process (double electron sensitization). It's an additive to the emulsion to enable better sensitivity. There's supposedly one further level of sensitization that wasn't achieved with Vision 3.

So if it was used along with the two electron sensitization, it would be like tri electron sensitization?
If that's true, Kodak should do something similar. I'm sure it would be quite fascinating to see the results of such a film stock..

#4 K Borowski

K Borowski
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3905 posts
  • Camera Operator
  • I.A.T.S.E. Local # 600 Eastern Region

Posted 26 May 2008 - 02:41 PM

So if it was used along with the two electron sensitization, it would be like tri electron sensitization?
If that's true, Kodak should do something similar. I'm sure it would be quite fascinating to see the results of such a film stock..

Well, they would if they discovered a way to do so. There's a team of researchers that are constantly working on improving color films at Kodak, and I'm sure a similar research team is in place at Fuji.

They tend to work on improving faster films first, hence the long reign of older, slower stocks like EXR 5245, which was around over a decade before it was finally replaced with a Vision2 version.

FJS International, LLC

Aerial Filmworks

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Willys Widgets

Technodolly

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Metropolis Post

Ritter Battery

The Slider

CineTape

Glidecam

CineLab