#1 Paul Kalkman

Paul Kalkman

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Director

Posted 23 May 2008 - 12:53 AM

I bought a Konvas 1M a while back and just got it running using an 8.4v hobby battery. It seems to be running fine except that in regular 24fps mode the gauge reads it's running at around 18fps, while when in forced 24fps, it reads to be running at the correct speed. I wouldn't think it would be the power supply that's the problem, so I'd assume it's mechanical. Has anyone had a problem like this?
Thanks, Paul

#2 Bruce Taylor

Bruce Taylor
  • Sustaining Members
  • 482 posts
  • Other
  • Los Angeles

Posted 23 May 2008 - 01:29 AM

I bought a Konvas 1M a while back and just got it running using an 8.4v hobby battery. It seems to be running fine except that in regular 24fps mode the gauge reads it's running at around 18fps, while when in forced 24fps, it reads to be running at the correct speed. I wouldn't think it would be the power supply that's the problem, so I'd assume it's mechanical. Has anyone had a problem like this?
Thanks, Paul

Hi Paul,

You don't mention which motor you are using, but I suggest you take a look at the highly detailed posts that Olex has made in this forum. You will learn about all you need to know from Olex and others on this subject.

Concerning a possible mechanical problem making the camera run slow, yes, I suspect anyone who has used a Konvas may have encountered this. Again, you will find many excellent posts if you take a trip through the Konvas archives here. The Konvas is a rugged mechanical beast, but it must be cared for (lubricated, adjusted) by qualified technicians to keep it running properly. I've been very happy with Bernie O'Doherty's work at www.super16inc.com .

It would be my suggestion to carefully read the battery specifications (voltage and amperage)required for the motor you are using (Olex's posts) and have at least the camera body and magazines serviced by someone who knows what they're doing.

You may also want to check out www.Konvas.org -- a great resource for information as well.

Good luck and enjoy!

Bruce Taylor
Indi35.com

#3 Olex Kalynychenko

Olex Kalynychenko
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Dnepropetrovsk, Ukraine

Posted 23 May 2008 - 03:22 AM

Thanks, Paul

Hi Paul.
You can send me letters on olex( dot)camera@gmail( dot)com
At first, need know of full name of camera, this is KSR-1, KSR-1M ( Konvas-1 ), or 1KSR-1M ( Konvas-1M).
The many guys read of label " Konvas-M " on body of camera and this, what this is Konvas-1M.
But, this can be KSR-1M from series of Konvas-1 cameras.

The second question - type of motor.
Konvas-1 have rheostat control motor 25 M-8M and ask of 6, 8 v battery.
But, the battery must have high power, more 10 ah.

What type of battery you use ? Can you send me picture of this battery ?

Konvas-1M cameras can have 15EPSS, 17EP-16 APK, 19EP-16 APK, 18EP-16 APK, 5 BDS and other type of motors.

About speed meter.
The all Konvas cameras have speed meter magneto-electrical type and position of pointer on scale depend from speed of rotation of axis of camera, gap between magnetic disk and sensor of meter and position of adjustable resistor inside.

That's why, the meter must be adjusted after service of camera.
You need install of crystal sync speed motor on the camera and adjust of position of pointer by variable resistor.

I can send you additional recomendations and pictures by personal letters.

P.S Thank Bruce for good words about me.

Opal

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Aerial Filmworks

Tai Audio

Paralinx LLC

FJS International, LLC

Abel Cine

Rig Wheels Passport

Ritter Battery

Technodolly

rebotnix Technologies

CineTape