Nicolas Lastschenko
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • 1st Assistant Camera
  • Brussels, BELGIUM & Lima, PERU

Posted 23 May 2008 - 03:54 AM

Hi,

I'm shooting an advert soon and will be using Optex 's EXCELLENCE. I was wondering if anyone had any experience pulling focus on this lens? This might seem like a strange question, its just that I haven't had the chance to see the beast yet, but from what I can tell of pictures I have seen, there seem to be no marks on the lens barrel. The optex Excellence webpage states that film accessories, follow focuses and such are compatible, yet i have seen no pictures of the lens with a follow focus. So, if anyone has ever worked with this lens, I would greatly appreciate it if you could share your experiences as well as any helpful poiters/tips you may have.

Thank you all very much,

#2 Stephen Williams

Stephen Williams
  • Sustaining Members
  • 4708 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Europe

Posted 23 May 2008 - 09:36 AM

Hi,

You have to eye focus, the lens system is incredibly sharp.

Stephen

Hi,

I'm shooting an advert soon and will be using Optex 's EXCELLENCE. I was wondering if anyone had any experience pulling focus on this lens? This might seem like a strange question, its just that I haven't had the chance to see the beast yet, but from what I can tell of pictures I have seen, there seem to be no marks on the lens barrel. The optex Excellence webpage states that film accessories, follow focuses and such are compatible, yet i have seen no pictures of the lens with a follow focus. So, if anyone has ever worked with this lens, I would greatly appreciate it if you could share your experiences as well as any helpful poiters/tips you may have.

Thank you all very much,

Paralinx LLC

Tai Audio

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Wooden Camera

CineLab

CineTape

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

The Slider

Ritter Battery

Technodolly

Rig Wheels Passport