New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Other

Posted 03 June 2008 - 06:05 PM

Hi all, novice here.

In Michael Wyberg's review of the Super Zoom 8X he says:

"The lens benefits from its 52mm filter thread by allowing you to use filters and attachments you may already have in your Nikon 35mm system. In fact, a trip down to any camera store will allow you to buy neutral density filters, circular polarizers, whatever you want. Not many super 8 cameras offer this standard thread size."

Does this mean for example I could use a telephoto lens attachment with this camera, or just filters? Also, what price would you expect to pay for this camera in good condition with all the original manuals, filters, and 1.5X telephoto filter? I need a Super8 camera fairly soon for a project I want to do and I'm negotiating with somebody on Craigslist.

Thanks,
-Gordon M.

#2 Rick Palidwor

Rick Palidwor
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts
  • Director

Posted 03 June 2008 - 07:31 PM

Hi all, novice here.

In Michael Wyberg's review of the Super Zoom 8X he says:

"The lens benefits from its 52mm filter thread by allowing you to use filters and attachments you may already have in your Nikon 35mm system. In fact, a trip down to any camera store will allow you to buy neutral density filters, circular polarizers, whatever you want. Not many super 8 cameras offer this standard thread size."

Does this mean for example I could use a telephoto lens attachment with this camera, or just filters?

It is referring to filters with 52mm thread. It is possible there were telephoto attachments for this camera. That would be a bonus.

Also, what price would you expect to pay for this camera in good condition with all the original manuals, filters, and 1.5X telephoto filter? I need a Super8 camera fairly soon for a project I want to do and I'm negotiating with somebody on Craigslist.

Thanks,
-Gordon M.

I think these are excellent cameras and I would be willing to pay up to $150 if it was in good shape. Is that a 1.5X telephoto filter or attachment? Get the goods on that. If attachment, big bonus. What is he asking for it?

Rick

#3 Gordon Morehouse

Gordon Morehouse

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Other

Posted 03 June 2008 - 07:39 PM

It is referring to filters with 52mm thread. It is possible there were telephoto attachments for this camera. That would be a bonus.

I think these are excellent cameras and I would be willing to pay up to $150 if it was in good shape. Is that a 1.5X telephoto filter or attachment? Get the goods on that. If attachment, big bonus. What is he asking for it?

Rick

He called it a "1.5X telephoto screw-in filter." $80 for the entire kit, only the original carrying case is somewhat deteriorated, the pictures of the camera itself all look fine.

#4 Rick Palidwor

Rick Palidwor
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts
  • Director

Posted 03 June 2008 - 09:41 PM

He called it a "1.5X telephoto screw-in filter." $80 for the entire kit, only the original carrying case is somewhat deteriorated, the pictures of the camera itself all look fine.

He might be mixed up about the 1.5X but regardless, for $80 I'd take it. An advantage of these is that even if the light meter is broken you can still adjust the aperture manually.
Rick

CineLab

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Wooden Camera

Opal

Abel Cine

Glidecam

The Slider

Visual Products

Tai Audio

Paralinx LLC

Ritter Battery