#1 Cory Lonas

Cory Lonas
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Gaffer
  • NYC

Posted 11 June 2008 - 04:58 PM

Im a new transplant from your summer homestead up in Woodstock. wondering if you had any good advice for a country boy in the city looking to get into this fine film industry in the greatest city in the world

#2 timHealy

timHealy
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1252 posts
  • Other
  • New York

Posted 11 June 2008 - 09:38 PM

Im a new transplant from your summer homestead up in Woodstock. wondering if you had any good advice for a country boy in the city looking to get into this fine film industry in the greatest city in the world

just your luck. There is a film about Woodstock being planned and shooting up in the catskills something like August -Sept.

Go home and get a job. I would imagine that there is some sort of production office in the city and up their

Best

Tim

#3 Cory Lonas

Cory Lonas
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Gaffer
  • NYC

Posted 12 June 2008 - 01:11 PM

just your luck. There is a film about Woodstock being planned and shooting up in the catskills something like August -Sept.

Go home and get a job. I would imagine that there is some sort of production office in the city and up their

Best

Tim

there are a lot of movies shot up there. But the producers usually import the crew from the city to shoot... there is an office to do so ... but its just not enough work to make a living up there...

#4 Serge Teulon

Serge Teulon
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • London UK

Posted 12 June 2008 - 01:20 PM

there are a lot of movies shot up there. But the producers usually import the crew from the city to shoot... there is an office to do so ... but its just not enough work to make a living up there...

Phone them and say that you heard on the grapevine that there is a film being shot there soon and that coupled with your enormous ambition and good work you also have local knowledge to offer! Worth a pop.....

S

#5 Cory Lonas

Cory Lonas
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Gaffer
  • NYC

Posted 12 June 2008 - 09:00 PM

Phone them and say that you heard on the grapevine that there is a film being shot there soon and that coupled with your enormous ambition and good work you also have local knowledge to offer! Worth a pop.....

S

I know all the people in charge of the film stuff up there. along with half the writers-directors producers. so I have the in for the projects, they have been getting me in contact with the people down here in the city. It helps to have a mom who sells houses to all the film industry moving upstate...I just need the right start up here... I just moved a week ago, so I guess im a little quick to be disappointed in my job search just yet...

rebotnix Technologies

Metropolis Post

Wooden Camera

Abel Cine

Glidecam

FJS International, LLC

Paralinx LLC

Ritter Battery

The Slider

Aerial Filmworks

CineTape

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS