#1 Monjur

Monjur

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Producer

Posted 12 June 2008 - 09:18 PM

Hi there guys. I've got this idea for a short comedy and I want to cast my cousin in it. He will turn 4 years old in a week or so. I'm aware that you have to take special measures when working with a minor. Can one of you feed me with details about it though? Do I have to get a different release form, parent's permission, working hours etc. limitations? Please let me know. FYI, it's not a commercial work.

Thank you :lol:

#2 Dan Goulder

Dan Goulder
  • Sustaining Members
  • 1259 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 12 June 2008 - 10:07 PM

Hi there guys. I've got this idea for a short comedy and I want to cast my cousin in it. He will turn 4 years old in a week or so. I'm aware that you have to take special measures when working with a minor. Can one of you feed me with details about it though? Do I have to get a different release form, parent's permission, working hours etc. limitations? Please let me know. FYI, it's not a commercial work.

...just don't let him get into your stash.

#3 Jim Keller

Jim Keller
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • Producer
  • Fresno, CA

Posted 13 June 2008 - 01:11 PM

I'd suggest giving the Biz Parentz website a thorough read. It's, obviously, geared for parents of child actors, but it's loaded with good information about the law, what is expected and acceptable, etc.

#4 Monjur

Monjur

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Producer

Posted 13 June 2008 - 10:23 PM

I'd suggest giving the Biz Parentz website a thorough read. It's, obviously, geared for parents of child actors, but it's loaded with good information about the law, what is expected and acceptable, etc.

The NY State laws in that site only seems to apply for paid jobs, which mine isn't.

2. # Creates an Certificate of Eligibility to Employ Child Performers (aka Employer Permit) for the employer at a cost of $350. The employer's certificate is good for 3 years.

^^ Does that apply for me?

Ritter Battery

The Slider

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

CineLab

Abel Cine

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Opal

Visual Products

FJS International, LLC

Tai Audio

Technodolly