#1 James Steven Beverly

James Steven Beverly
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4199 posts
  • Director
  • El Paso, Texas

Posted 15 June 2008 - 08:53 PM

I just picked up a Beaulieu R16 for the Del Norte' Film Institute. I got it for 225 bucks so hopefully that wasn't too much to pay. I have no doubt it will most likely need service and new batteries but I'll probably just go with model car batteries as we have a ton of 'em here (My parents used to own a hobbie shop and we have some left over inventory). Can these be oiled and if so where are the oiling points? Also what are good things to remember about these cameras? I've done some reasearch but it never hurts to ask in case I missed something.

I DID missed out on an Arri S (well, missed out, I just didn't have the spare cash to go 550, probably, bucks for the school right now) that went for $510 bucks plus shipping. Woulda been nice, BUT if this one works halfway decent, at least it's a pro camera and they can learn on it AND best of all, it's right here in El Paso so maybe it's fate. :D Did there ever make power supplies for these things? A lot of the shooting will probably be done in the studio with this one. Thanks-Steve

Metropolis Post

CineLab

The Slider

Willys Widgets

Technodolly

Tai Audio

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Abel Cine

Visual Products

Paralinx LLC

Aerial Filmworks

Glidecam