#1 Tim O'Connor

Tim O'Connor
  • Sustaining Members
  • 860 posts
  • Other
  • Boston, Massachusetts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 10:24 PM

Hi,

I bought a Maxtor 500GB and offloaded four cards to it. Couldn't import or see anything in FinalCutPro with a MacBookPro. Finally discovered that the new Maxtor came formatted as MS-DOS. Since every other drive (Lacies) I've bought until this one has come from the Apple store and is formatted for Macs, I thought that this might be the issue. I copied the four partitions to a Lacie drive, then used Disk First Aid in the Mac utilities to reformat the Maxtor to MAC OS X extended journaled (which of course erased everything) and then copied the four folder/partion P2 offloads back to the Maxtor. I still don't see anything but now I notice that apparently last clip .txt did not get copied to the Lacie and is not on the Maxtor now.

Whenever I go to click on anything on this reformatted Maxtor, I get a message that says directory structure invalid/please choose a translation code. I was getting that before but I figured that was because of the MS-DOS format.

Can anybody help? Please help!

Thanks.

#2 Walter Graff

Walter Graff
  • Sustaining Members
  • 1334 posts
  • Other
  • New York City

Posted 17 June 2008 - 11:40 PM

You can't simply tranfer windows files then back to mac format. Directory is invalid because the partitions are looking for the directory structure that existed earlier. It's gone. Try disk warrior.

#3 Tim O'Connor

Tim O'Connor
  • Sustaining Members
  • 860 posts
  • Other
  • Boston, Massachusetts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 12:09 AM

You can't simply tranfer windows files then back to mac format. Directory is invalid because the partitions are looking for the directory structure that existed earlier. It's gone. Try disk warrior.

Thanks, Walter.

I'll update.

Metropolis Post

Tai Audio

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

The Slider

CineTape

Abel Cine

Willys Widgets

Ritter Battery

Rig Wheels Passport