Intel DG965WH

System Memory
6GB

Hard Drive
640GB RAID 0 - (2 x 320GB SATA HDD's) 7,200 RPM

Video
GeForce 8800GT PCIe 512MB

----
I have Premiere Pro Cs3 and have a production thats about 10 minutes long. I have about 580 items in bins, about 400 of them being video clips from the Cam. We purchased MainConcept plugin for Premiere to import and export the footage (http://www.mainconce...dex.php?id=7862).

So the problem is that I started editing my footage to a voice over, and it ran perfectly OK. Then once I got to the end of the video....which is like 10 minutes long...While putting in the last few clips...Premiere started just closing and telling me system was low on memory..or just closing or freezing..no real consistency. Keep in mind this started happening once i hit the ten minute mark.

So we bought like 4 Gb's of memory and bought a better video card....still didn't help. Now it takes like 5 minutes to open the project, and I can't export it out of premiere..i have to export 1 minute chunks (i cant even export full HD,i have to Encode it out). Then I import those into thier own fresh premiere file, THEN export that...and I have to encode that too.

What is the best solution to this issue?!!

Thanks in advance guys I know this is alot of reading, but I know i cant be the only one with this problem. I have searched everywhere and no-one has posted these issues.

Heres a link to the video...
http://www.realviewtv.com/demo/albany/

#2 andy mcbride

andy mcbride

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Other
  • atlanta

Posted 26 June 2008 - 09:38 AM

anyone? :unsure:

#3 Larry Czach

Larry Czach

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 29 September 2008 - 09:57 AM

My Computer Specs:
PowerSpec® E320

Processor
Intel® Core? 2 Duo Processor E6420

OS
genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium

System Board
Intel DG965WH

System Memory
6GB

Hard Drive
640GB RAID 0 - (2 x 320GB SATA HDD's) 7,200 RPM

Video
GeForce 8800GT PCIe 512MB

----
I have Premiere Pro Cs3 and have a production thats about 10 minutes long. I have about 580 items in bins, about 400 of them being video clips from the Cam. We purchased MainConcept plugin for Premiere to import and export the footage (http://www.mainconce...dex.php?id=7862).

So the problem is that I started editing my footage to a voice over, and it ran perfectly OK. Then once I got to the end of the video....which is like 10 minutes long...While putting in the last few clips...Premiere started just closing and telling me system was low on memory..or just closing or freezing..no real consistency. Keep in mind this started happening once i hit the ten minute mark.

So we bought like 4 Gb's of memory and bought a better video card....still didn't help. Now it takes like 5 minutes to open the project, and I can't export it out of premiere..i have to export 1 minute chunks (i cant even export full HD,i have to Encode it out). Then I import those into thier own fresh premiere file, THEN export that...and I have to encode that too.

What is the best solution to this issue?!!

Thanks in advance guys I know this is alot of reading, but I know i cant be the only one with this problem. I have searched everywhere and no-one has posted these issues.

Heres a link to the video...
http://www.realviewtv.com/demo/albany/

#4 Jonathan Bowerbank

Jonathan Bowerbank
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2815 posts
  • 1st Assistant Camera
  • San Francisco, CA

Posted 29 September 2008 - 12:40 PM

I'm not sure how much difference it makes, but is your footage on a separate hard drive? Or is all your media and programs on the same hd?

#5 Jonathan Bowerbank

Jonathan Bowerbank
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2815 posts
  • 1st Assistant Camera
  • San Francisco, CA

Posted 30 September 2008 - 12:43 PM

Also, since you've recently installed some new memory, make sure the cards are installed in descending order, according to their capacity.

Cleaning up your desktop also saves a ton of memory. Just putting that out there ;)

FJS International, LLC

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Paralinx LLC

Wooden Camera

CineLab

Metropolis Post

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Ritter Battery

Glidecam

Tai Audio

Willys Widgets

CineTape