Photo

How to shoot what microscope sees? Help.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 iga wrotek

iga wrotek
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • europe

Posted 26 June 2008 - 11:58 AM

Hi
I need to shoot what one sees when looks through microscope. It will be a shot for documentary. Has anyone tried it? I need some tips on how to approach it. Would I need any special equipment? any specialities on my lens? what kind of lens would let me shoot it??? Most likely I will be shooting in with HD XDCam. Please share your expieriences with me! thanks
iga

#2 Saul Rodgar

Saul Rodgar
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1682 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 26 June 2008 - 02:50 PM

Hi
I need to shoot what one sees when looks through microscope. It will be a shot for documentary. Has anyone tried it? I need some tips on how to approach it. Would I need any special equipment? any specialities on my lens? what kind of lens would let me shoot it??? Most likely I will be shooting in with HD XDCam. Please share your expieriences with me! thanks
iga

There are microscope adapters that one can use. I have seen them on eBay with C mount on the camera end to some microscope eyepiece mounts, for under $100. B4 mount adapters may be available but they will be more expensive.

There are some microscopes that have a CCD camera built in. Output from that (NTSC/ PAL only probably) can be recorded on to a deck. Or you can shoot it off a monitor with an HD camera using the on-board scan frequency settings.

Edited by Saul Rodgar, 26 June 2008 - 02:51 PM.

#3 iga wrotek

iga wrotek
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • europe

Posted 27 June 2008 - 12:49 AM

There are microscope adapters that one can use. I have seen them on eBay with C mount on the camera end to some microscope eyepiece mounts, for under $100. B4 mount adapters may be available but they will be more expensive.

There are some microscopes that have a CCD camera built in. Output from that (NTSC/ PAL only probably) can be recorded on to a deck. Or you can shoot it off a monitor with an HD camera using the on-board scan frequency settings.

Thanks Saul
what a great info!
I'm not sure what B4 mount is?

I will be shooting with EX1 camera (most likely) would the C mount adapters be ok?
the lens in this camera is not changable....?

regards
iga

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Metropolis Post

Glidecam

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

FJS International, LLC

Ritter Battery

Visual Products

Aerial Filmworks

Paralinx LLC

Abel Cine