9 replies to this topic

#1 Damien Bhatti

Damien Bhatti
  • Sustaining Members
  • 213 posts
  • Student
  • UK

Posted 26 June 2008 - 04:31 PM

I am trying to get hold of some 7222 or other b/w negative film but I for some reason its really dry on ebay at the moment. So I am thinking is there anywhere in the states that people can recommend for being reasonable in price and postage costs etc. thanks,

#2 Chance Shirley

Chance Shirley
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Director

Posted 26 June 2008 - 04:34 PM

Film Emporium.

#3 Damien Bhatti

Damien Bhatti
  • Sustaining Members
  • 213 posts
  • Student
  • UK

Posted 26 June 2008 - 05:18 PM

Film Emporium.

You know I emailed these guys a couple of weeks ago with no response, i will try again - but i am not sure how they feel sending stuff over the pond?

#4 Will Montgomery

Will Montgomery
  • Sustaining Members
  • 2030 posts
  • Producer
  • Dallas, TX

Posted 26 June 2008 - 05:37 PM

Why not just call Kodak USA and see if they can ship overseas? You'll always get the best price from there unless you just want short ends and recans.

Doesn't Kodak have a UK office you can buy direct from?

#5 Damien Bhatti

Damien Bhatti
  • Sustaining Members
  • 213 posts
  • Student
  • UK

Posted 26 June 2008 - 06:36 PM

Why not just call Kodak USA and see if they can ship overseas? You'll always get the best price from there unless you just want short ends and recans.

Doesn't Kodak have a UK office you can buy direct from?

Hi, we do have a kodak office but I am trying to get stock for smallest price. the reason why i ask about companies in america is that I am waiting for some film to appear on ebay - which for personal projects is where i chance some older film. Doing it that way is a little risky but obviously most cost effective. i think the price of say 7201 100ft is like £33.99 brand new over here. i am not clued up on prices in the states but its a little steep for my pocket at the moment

#6 Charles MacDonald

Charles MacDonald
  • Sustaining Members
  • 1157 posts
  • Other
  • Stittsville Ontario Canada

Posted 26 June 2008 - 08:21 PM

Hi, we do have a kodak office but I am trying to get stock for smallest price. the reason why i ask about companies in america is that I am waiting for some film to appear on ebay - which for personal projects is where i chance some older film. Doing it that way is a little risky but obviously most cost effective. i think the price of say 7201 100ft is like £33.99 brand new over here. i am not clued up on prices in the states but its a little steep for my pocket at the moment

The film market in europe seems to be centered in Germany. perhaps you can get some of the stuff that filmotec.de sells. http://filmotec.de/E...glish_site.html I am not sure what stock they start with, but they apperently convert it themselves. they have a distributor in Herford England.
If you do try some let us know how it comes out!

#7 Freya Black

Freya Black
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4161 posts
  • Other
  • Went over the edge... Central Europe

Posted 27 June 2008 - 02:29 PM

Damien the prices for B&W stock are MUCH cheaper!
The prices of black and white just went up but I was just quoted £45 for a 400foot roll of B&W 7231 direct from Kodak. I imagine the price of 7222 will be the same or similar and I'm guessing that a 100ft daylight spool might now be as much as £12 but it is for nice new stock and you save the shiping costs from all the way over from the states.

love

Freya

#8 Will Montgomery

Will Montgomery
  • Sustaining Members
  • 2030 posts
  • Producer
  • Dallas, TX

Posted 27 June 2008 - 04:17 PM

From Kodak USA (800-621-3456):

B&W Reversals:
100' = $20.59
400' = $78.36

B&W Negatives:
100' = $19.49
400' = $73.75

Shipping next day in the States is $20. UPS standard shipping to anywhere in the world probably isn't much more than that.

These are WITHOUT student discounts.

#9 Freya Black

Freya Black
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4161 posts
  • Other
  • Went over the edge... Central Europe

Posted 27 June 2008 - 04:30 PM

From Kodak USA (800-621-3456):

B&W Reversals:
100' = $20.59
400' = $78.36

B&W Negatives:
100' = $19.49
400' = $73.75

Shipping next day in the States is $20. UPS standard shipping to anywhere in the world probably isn't much more than that.

These are WITHOUT student discounts.

Intresting!
They look preety similar to the U.K. prices.
Maybe a touch lower.
When were you quoted these tho as I hear the price of B&W has literally just gone up?

love

Freya

#10 Will Montgomery

Will Montgomery
  • Sustaining Members
  • 2030 posts
  • Producer
  • Dallas, TX

Posted 27 June 2008 - 07:04 PM

When were you quoted these tho as I hear the price of B&W has literally just gone up?

I think it may have gone up a dollar... I seem to remember buying negative B&W for $18 and some change.

It's still a very reasonable way to shoot 16mm. I'm glad they are keeping those lines alive.

Aerial Filmworks

The Slider

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Metropolis Post

FJS International, LLC

rebotnix Technologies

Tai Audio

Paralinx LLC

Technodolly

Abel Cine

Willys Widgets