#1 Paul Bruening

Paul Bruening

(deceased)

• Sustaining Members
  • 2858 posts
  • Producer
  • Oxford, Mississippi

Posted 03 July 2008 - 01:36 PM

As you know, dreams are often your brain's attempt to isolate or resolve problems.

This morning I awoke from a dream. Someone was interviewing me and commenting on my technique of shooting an entire movie handheld. Then, my mind cut to me shooting the movie with Frankenmitchell in it's enormous blimp, all sitting on my shoulder like a friggin' Buick. I woke up because I could feel a sharp pain radiating from my shoulder into my back.

#2 Michael Lehnert

Michael Lehnert
  • Sustaining Members
  • 1086 posts
  • Other
  • London, UK / Basel, CH

Posted 03 July 2008 - 05:58 PM

Funny, I dreamed about two interviews/deal-pitchings I had Monday & Tuesday today, in a resolving way (dealing with the stress in a tranquilising way, for once).

Funnily enough, all your metaphors of your post appeared in my real life today: a friend bought a Mitchell S35 with one of those oddly shaped shoulder mags I only ever saw in Samuelson's, and my brother's 1980 Buick Riviera suffered a puncture in one of its cooling hoses (quite sure this is not the proper English term... "K├╝hlschlauch" in Swiss-German).

I suggest you go to this thread here before sleeping time (which on my side of the Atlantic is... now). Should create sweeter dreams of lightness and quick-change everything :lol: .

Abel Cine

Aerial Filmworks

Rig Wheels Passport

Paralinx LLC

CineTape

FJS International, LLC

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Glidecam

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Ritter Battery

Tai Audio

CineLab